Feature Request- option for original browser tabs

evmawilde
evmawilde
Community Member

I have loved your product since the beginning. My frustration is with how much the tabbed browsing has slowed me down. Would it be possible to have an option to use the old style of tabbed browsing? It is much quicker and more useful to me to have the tabs where I can see them instead of in the background.

Aloha,

Evam

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @evmawilde

Thanks for the feedback! I think there are a lot of things we'd love to do to make 1Browser a better experience for our users. Some of them probably more impactful than this but as a user I certainly miss the older tabs like we used to have on the iPad. I don't think those would work on the iPhone though.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're still using 1Browser instead of the 1Password extension in Safari? If you're on an iPad as I suspect you are you'd get your tabs and 1Password's filling in the same place. If you're not familiar with the Safari extension you can learn more about it here.

Let me know if that helps!

• evmawilde
    evmawilde
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I still use the 1browser for a variety of reasons. It means all my secure banking, investing and various account tweaking only goes on inside 1password. It also is a reminder when I use the app to turn on my Vpn when on hotel wifi for more security. I did already set up safari extension, but I would much rather have back a better browser or option for safari style within 1password. I also wonder if the auto fill feature like the old days of 1password will ever return...I sure miss how quick everything was back then.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @evmawilde

Just as an FYI we don't necessarily do anything differently than Safari when it comes to the security side of the browser. In other words, it doesn't have any ad blocking or privacy features. Though, I had at one time suggested those as possible features. So there's no major difference between using 1Browser or Safari from that standpoint. In fact, might be more beneficial depending since you can use some privacy filtering Safari extensions.

Otherwise it's a matter of personal opinion and if you feel that you would rather use 1Browser for this then that works just as well. I just use Safari whenever possible since you can't set default browsers on iOS, this makes it more convenient for me personally.

I also use Cloak (getcloak.com) which can automatically connect the VPN when not on a trusted network. Saving me the trouble of having to remember.

We haven't ever had "AutoFill" in the traditional sense. Our filling has never been automatic, it has always been based on user action. For instance, clicking on a URL in an item will goto the website and fill the username and password into the page via 1Browser.

What we did remove was AutoSubmit, which was the process that tapped the Enter/Login button on the page. This is something we'd like to bring back but only if we can make it more reliable. It did not work in a very reliable or consistent way and caused us a great deal of technical support inquiries. It might make a return, but as I said, only if we can make it work more reliably.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.