I'm exploring 1Password for our office and am unsure which license we need.

Options

The majority of the office is on Windows for desktop and iPhone for mobile. I already have a personal 1Password account and am Apple across all devices. We want to have vaults that only the Principal, our IT person and I have access to and a vault for all employees. b/c I bought my desktop version through Agilebits and iPhone through App Store, I have to sync via dropbox. The rest of the office wants to sync via iCloud. Can you kindly advise what license we can purchase and where to purchase it? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sheila_e: To be clear, 1Password for Mac version 6 can sync with iCloud regardless of where you purchased it. It sounds like the limiting factor in your case will be the platform, as iCloud Sync is not available on Windows.

However, even if you're using iOS (which does support iCloud Sync), keep in mind that Apple does not offer a way for separate iCloud Apple IDs to share data. iCloud will only ever sync among devices logged into the same account. You could, however, accomplish what you describe using Dropbox Sync: a single shared vault for all employees, with a separate one for only the admin.

But it sounds like 1Password for Teams might be a good option for your company. It's currently free during beta, and it allows a great deal of flexibility when it comes to sharing and managing vaults. This works seamlessly with 1Password for iOS, 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows 10 from the Windows Store (currently in beta), and we're also working on adding it to 1Password for Android and the 1Password for Windows desktop app as well. And finally, 1Password for Teams also has a web interface for managing vaults, and accessing and editing data; that way it doesn't even require a software installation in many cases.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.