I have been trying to set up 1Password on one of my Macs syncing to iCloud

Options
FredMertz
FredMertz
Community Member

I set up 1Password (should be done in another 3-4 days) on one of my Macs and set it up to Sync to iCloud. When I installed it on another Mac, it asks "Where is my Data?" The options are Dropbox, This Mac, Another Device and Restore from Backup. There is no iCloud selection. I've been using Dashlane for several years and thus far it is 10 times easier to setup and use than 1Password. It syncs seamlessly and intuitively with all my Macs and iOS devices. 1Password seems like it was designed for PCs and Android devices where nothing is intuitive or seamless.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:Sync over iCloud, kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• gdickinson
    gdickinson
    Community Member
    Options

Fred - I can confirm the issue that you are facing as I posted on the forum here a bit earlier today for a solution on this. I will bookmark your thread and monitor it in case you get a solution that I do not. Let's hope for an answer soon.

• gdickinson
    gdickinson
    Community Member
    Options

Fred, I was just poking around and found a solution provided to another user here, I tried it, and it worked for me. I think this will help you out. Good luck!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/57948/importing-vault-no-icloud-option#latest

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fredMertz,

@gdickinson is correct, so following those instructions should have you up and running with iCloud in no time.

Basically we were just able to add the feature of iCloud syncing to 1Password because Apple did not make it available to Mac apps that were not sold in the App Store. We will add that convenience option very soon.

This discussion has been closed.