iOS app freezing when editing

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited February 2016 in iOS

I have an odd but repeatable lockup in the iOS app. I have four vaults syncing to Dropbox plus Teams enabled, but I'm saving to my default Dropbox vault almost exclusively, that's where the majority of the data is. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Search Titles for the term "Wordpress"
  2. Select one of the results, click Edit, and add a single tag to the tag field and nothing else.
  3. Save and return to the search results.
  4. Select the next result, click Edit, make the exact same change to this item (add single tag).
  5. Save and return to the search results.
  6. Select the next (third) result, click Edit, make the exact same change to this item (add single tag).
  7. Save and return to the search results.
  8. Tap the next item to open it. The items highlights with gray background but does not open. The data indicator circle spins pretty heavily at the top but the whole UI is unresponsive. Can't select any other item, deselect, go back from the search, cancel the search, edit the search term...basically the whole UI freezes in place. I have to kill the app by double-tapping Home and swiping up, at which point I can reopen 1Password and re-authenticate with TouchID. Everything appears to work normally unless I lock it up again with this issue.

This has happened 3 or 4 times in a row. Some of the items I supposedly edited successfully have the tags saved still. However I think this last time I tried it (I have 16 items matching the search and I was editing all of them), the middle one did NOT have the tag saved that I added, while the first and the last did.

I can definitely make these changes on the Mac or Windows apps but figured the crash was worth reporting since I can make it happen repeatedly and it's a bit odd. I've also submitted a diagnostics report from the iOS app after restarting it this last time and will post the support ID here when I receive it in a reply so you can link it.

EDIT: Support ID: [#MDX-38325-437]

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dszp,

thanks a lot for this detailed report. I am super sorry you are running into this bug. We already fixed this issue which is related to sync - it will be fixed with the next update (6.2.2) which will hit the app store in the next couple of weeks.

A workaround would be, switching your sync method to iCloud will work as a band-aid until 6.2.2 hits - this of course only works if you only use Apple devices and only for the primary vault.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, no problem waiting for the fix, just happy it's already been reproduced and taken care of! Windows is my primary platform so iCloud sync is out, but I can just make most changes on Mac or Win for now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get this fixed for you! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.