Test ambiguous - sort of worked. Can I proceed?

Options
dennas
dennas
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I followed the directions for the version 3 upgrade to test whether the plugin updated the app properly.

The main 1Password app was open but it did NOT update, although a new login I made an hour ago was there. I closed the main app and reopened it. Still no test login showed up. So I quit the browser AND the app, and then reopened the app and there it was. Quiting the browser caused the plugin to update.

So my question is, was that a successful test? Can I go ahead and uninstall the old plugin and install the new one?

I'm on El Capitan OS 10.11.1
Thanks!

1Password Version: Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
_Extension Version: 3.9.21.b1
_OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.1
_Sync Type: prefer wifi
_Referrer
: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dennas,

If the test login did eventually show up then the test has passed. What we're checking for is if the communication between the extension and main 1Password application still exists as it can break down. So even if there was a odd delay it's okay, they're still talking to each other and that's the important part.

If you're concerned at all you can simply disable the old plugin for now. Then later, if you're happy it really isn't required any more you can perform the more permanent delete.

Does that help at all? if you're still concerned or have any issues with the steps please do let us know.

• dennas
    dennas
    Community Member
    Options

That's great. Thank you for your reply! I figured that but, well... data.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dennas,

I'm glad to hear that Little Bobby's reply helped you out! I hope you love the new version of 1Password, but if you have any questions or concerns, we're always here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.