1 Password 4.5.3.90 extension is not working in my Chrome 48.0.2564.97 browser

Options

Very simple. The extension is not working. I can´t turn it on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: windows 7, service pack 1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 4.5.3.90 extension is not working in my Chrome 48.0.2564.97 browser

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@picho02: Can you tell me what you mean by you "can't turn it on"? You mean in Chrome settings you can't check the box? or are you receiving an error when you try to install it? Can you also elaborate on "not working"? Is the button showing up? What are the exact symptoms? I'm not encountering any abnormalities, even with that particular combination of versions, so any other details may help shed some light on things. Thanks in advance! :)

• picho02
    picho02
    Community Member
    Options

What I mean is the log in box doesn't show when I click the extension icon.

• Hi @picho02!

It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

Cheers!

• picho02
    picho02
    Community Member
    Options

My security software is Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.361 (d) and I don't use a proxy server.

• Hi @picho02,

Kaspersky unfortunately has caused these issues before. Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can make sure there's nothing else beside Kaspersky causing this.

Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Thanks for sending us the email, @picho02.

We'll continue the conversation, there.

ref: CVE-74523-684

This discussion has been closed.