Trying to load a link from 'Categories' in 1password browser

Novacaine
Novacaine
Community Member
edited February 2016 in iOS

I am having trouble since a few months trying to load a link from my saved Categories inside 1password to open in the 1password browser but I keep getting this message when I try to click on any link such as www.ebay.com.

Message: 1password failed to load page. the operation couldn't be completed. (INSURLErrorDomain error -999.)

Anyway to fix? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hi @Novacaine!

Wow, that's really frustrating! Thank you so much for reaching out to let us know that 1Password isn't working correctly. The exact text of the error will definitely help us track down the problem :)

Our developers are working on figuring out why tapping on URLs isn't working right and hope to have a fix out soon.

Thanks again!

ref: OPI-3328

• Novacaine
    Novacaine
    Community Member

Thanks for the info.

Is this the first reported case or were there similar issues with other customers?

Also, how long have they been working on this issue?

Thanks.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Novacaine

No, your report is not the first reported case of this but it also hasn't been super common in my experience. As one of the iOS developers who spends a good 50/50 doing support, notably handling the harder issues, I've only seen this a couple of times over the last several months. Maybe the rest of the team has seen more but typically these types of things pop up more often in my side of support than not.

Work on the issue was ~15 minutes last night and I believe I've found a solution. It still needs to be reviewed by the rest of the team before inclusion into the application so this is by no means a guaranteed fix. Since you seem really passionate about this one I figured I'd throw this information out. Normally we keep things fairly tight to the chest until it's merged in and we have a better idea of when it might appear. Be mindful that this might not be included if another more senior developer has problems with it, that's the risk I'm taking by saying this too early.

The kicker was figuring out how to recreate it and I managed to do so yesterday by sheer luck. I'll bet in most cases you're seeing this by tapping the reload button twice in quick succession. Only tap once and it should be fine. If you're seeing this in other ways I'd love to hear how you can recreate it and if so I can properly test against that to confirm it's working with those situations as well. I don't see why the current fix wouldn't work in other situations but if I can test something different I will.

Hope that helps and sorry again for the trouble!

• Novacaine
    Novacaine
    Community Member

Thank you AGKyle.

Now I understand the situation better.

What happens when I click on a link inside my Categories, it will launch a window on the 1passwords browser and just show a blank page and refuse to load.

After waiting a few moments (30 secs) with nothing happening, I would tap to reload and thus the message that the page wont load.

I hope this helps to reproduce the error of the blank browser page that wont load.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help explain the situation. (Crosses his fingers that this gets fix quickly).

Kind regards

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Novacaine

Fantastic, yea, in this case I believe we have it fixed for you :)

Reviews went well on this so it looks like we have a fix ready to go. I can't tell you which version it'll end up in (we're still trying to decide as we might have missed the next release by a couple days, it was already submitted). It'll be either the next one or the one after though!

Sorry for the trouble however. Hopefully it'll all be over soon enough! And thanks again for taking the time to report the trouble you were having. Our releases really are primarily driven by requests and customer support tickets so the more we see something appear the more likely we are to tackle trying to improve or fix it.

• Novacaine
    Novacaine
    Community Member

Just got the update and everything seems to be working 100%. :)

A huge thank you to AGKyle for taking the time to explain the situation and even fixing the problem.

Again, thank you and Kind regards

• Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear @AGKyle was able to help. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.