Logins

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member

Is the logins category the place to store web logins only or is it a place to store any kind of entry that requires a username and/or a password? For instance, sometimes an app allows you to sign in. This isn't a web login, but rather just a login. Is it best to store that in the logins section or in the secure notes section?

I know it's mostly a personal preference, but I'm wondering about the design philosophy and if there are any benefits/disadvantages doing it one way versus the other.

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Macorin,

you are right, this is mostly a personal preference. Personally I store them as Logins as most of the apps also have a corresponding website where I then can login as well without going having to create a new login. Another argument I have for using a login is that this item already provides the username and password fields - I don't have to create custom fields for that. Additionally the login will not be offered for filling on websites as it doesn't have a URL.
    As you can see: I am for using logins but someone else might have arguments for using another category :)

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the good feedback Winnie.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Winnie you are most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.