New Cell phone?

Options
Spunkyski1
Spunkyski1
Community Member

I am in the process of getting a new phone and wondering when I install the 1password app will I still be able to access all my logins in that I have in there right now? This is all new to me so any help is appreciated :) Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new cell phone. Will all my info still be in the 1password app when i put on new phone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Spunkyski1

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The answer, by default, is no. By default your data is only stored on the device you create it on. So, I'd highly recommend backing that data up:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Please consider doing this periodically, so that the loss of (or theft of/damage to) your device does not result in data loss. You may also want to consider setting up syncing:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

Once you get the new device you can either restore the backup (instructions in the first link) or setup syncing using the same sync method, if you choose to sync.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Spunkyski1
    Spunkyski1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I now have my new phone and I installed the app. Went through set up process but where do I go to add my fingerprint as well as my password? I now have the iphone 6s and 1password pro. Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Spunkyski1

You're very welcome!

Fingerprints for Touch ID are not handled by 1Password. Those must be set up in iOS itself:

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Once you have Touch ID & your fingerprints set up for your device, you can enable Touch ID in 1Password:

Use Touch ID | 1Password for iOS

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.