Error on auto-submit

I am getting an alert in Chrome on auto-submit
The operation couldn’t be completed. ..../Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:141:157: execution error: System Events got an error: Application isn’t running. (-600)

I've tried updating the 1PasswordAutosubmit.pkg to no avail.

All the usuals have been tried - restart chrome etc.

In the meantime I will disable auto-submit until I get an answer.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bhadfield
    bhadfield
    Community Member

Sorry - forgot to provide:

OSX 10.11.3 (15D21)
    Chrome Version 48.0.2564.97 (64-bit)
    1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.5.3.90

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

@bhadfield Sorry for the trouble you're having with autosubmit! The error you're seeing is from the system when 1Password tries to use the autosubmit script. We have seen this error when there is an issue with the status of the script itself as the system sees it and also under certain system conditions such as low memory.

Rick had a great post about this error and how to resolve it.

Could you give his suggestion a try and see if it helps? Let us know how it goes.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• bhadfield
    bhadfield
    Community Member

Hi Jaimie,

Read the post and tried it but the problem persists. I've confirmed that it occurs in Safari (as expected) and when I run the script directly.

My system which a fairly hopped-up nearly new development box is not showing any memory pressure, io or cpu problems in the activity monitor.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bhadfield,

I looked up error -600 and the message is indeed Application isn’t running but it also sounds like OS X is saying the application System Events isn't running.

Can you try something for me please.

1. Launch Script Editor.
    2. Paste in the following line tell application "System Events" to keystroke "1Password" and press the enter key so that the cursor is on the next line but still in the editor pane.
    3. Run the script.

On my Mac that causes System Events to type the word 1Password on the second line in the editor. Does this work for you? If it doesn't we're looking at an issue with OS X as while we use an AppleScript to assist with submitting, that entire line is all standard AppleScript and nothing special to 1Password. It's a curious one that's for sure.

This discussion has been closed.