Sync problems with Mac & Android using wifi

Options
Keith_Bod
Keith_Bod
Community Member

I have two issues.
Initially I had problems syncing between Mac and Android All records were on the Mac. Each time I tried to sync the app made the android phone reboot, I finally got it to work by reloading the Android app and clearing cache.
I used sync using wifi to transfer the data, after checking some of the transferred data I discovered that one record had not transferred correctly, The record was a driving licence, the Birth date was a number and not in date format.
The second issue, I understand that after initial setup the sync is continuous and running in the background, this is not happening. I have checked the settings for sync and the sync automatically tick box is not checked, I cannot alter this.

1Password Version: 6.0.1 & android 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.3 & android 4.2.1
Sync Type: Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Sync problems with Mac & Android using wifi

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @Keith_Bod. The issue you're describing sounds like something we've fixed in our latest beta update. Basically, certain dates were displaying in Unix time rather than in a readable way. So when syncing using Wi-Fi, certain dates would appear as a string of numbers rather than an actual date. The fix should be released in a stable update very soon. Please watch out for updates, and let me know if the next update resolves the issue for you. :)

ref: OPA-639

The other issue is that automatic sync is not supported when syncing with Wi-Fi, which is why you're not able to check that box. Currently, you'll need to verify you're on the same network as your synced computer, initiate sync by tapping Sync or swiping to refresh, and entering your Master Password. :)

Let me know if you have more questions! Thanks!

• Keith_Bod
    Keith_Bod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri
    Many thanks for the update I understand the issue concerning the date error and will monitor updates.

I have tried your recommendation concerning wifi and still have a problem. Both are on the same network, this is the same as when I set up the original connection. I have checked the error message and it states "MacBook Air Can't connect. Open Password on your computer and ensure Wi-Fi Sync server is running." I have checked the computer and ensured the WiFi check box is ticked. I don't know how to check if it is running.

• peri
    edited February 2016
    Options

@Keith_Bod 1Password 4 allows you to configure Wi-Fi sync with a single vault on a single computer, so if something has changed on your Mac, 1Password on Android might think it's a different vault or computer and ignore it. Let's try starting over from scratch on the Android. This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

Then launch 1Password 4 for Android and reconfigure Wi-Fi sync with your Mac. Let me know if that does the trick!

• Keith_Bod
    Keith_Bod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri
    I have performed the reset and the sync worked I have now a copy of the data on the Android. At the end of the transfer I received a message which states Syncing stopped for _1Password.tpc. I removed one record from the Mac and tried the sync again, the android will not sync. It looks like the same problem I had before. The Android app stops working with a message to say "Unfortunately 1Password has stopped working". I have performed a reboot of the Android the problem still exists.

• Hi @Keith_Bod. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Keith_Bod
    Keith_Bod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri

Email sent

• Thanks for the update! We'll look it up and get back to you. :)

• Keith_Bod
    Keith_Bod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have sent two emails hopefully you have received them. As my last one states I have narrowed it down to my phone being the problem.

• Thanks, Keith! I've received the emails, and will get back to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.