Unable to complete Pro features purchase

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Searching not working, app becomes unusable.

Comments

• LARUSKIN2
    LARUSKIN2
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I purchased 1Password years ago and I have successfully upgraded to Password 6, however when I try to upgrade to pro ($9.99) it said I can not purchase it because the app was purchased under another account. How can I get it to work and upgrade on the account I am using (which I used to by the app) so I can solve this?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @LARUSKIN2,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. This message indicates that the Apple ID you used to install the free 1Password 6 for iOS app is different than the Apple ID you are currently logged into. To resolve this, we'll need to reinstall 1Password under your current Apple ID.

First, backup your data:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

This is an essential step. Once you have a backup made, please uninstall 1Password, and then reinstall it:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

When you open 1Password you'll be prompted if you are a new user or existing user. If you have your 1Password data synced elsewhere you can select that you are an existing user and setup syncing. If you do not have syncing set up, you can select that you are a new user then follow the instructions in the above backup guide to restore your data.

Once all of this is complete you should be able to make the Pro features purchase.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• LARUSKIN2
    LARUSKIN2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Thank you so much I really appreciate it. I will give it a try!

• Ben
    Options

You are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.