Android Wifi Sync won't accept master password

Options
iamthefly
iamthefly
Community Member

hi,

I've just installed the free trial on my PC.
I initiated wifi sync on my PC and entered the number it generated on my android phone (LG G2).
I entered the Master password as prompted on the pc (win 10)
I entered the same master pasword on the phone, but it won't accept it as valid.
I've entered it correctly about 10 times on my PC and it accepts it every time, but it won't accept it on the phone and I'm being very careful. I've also restarted both devices and turned off the AVG anti-virus and firewall on my pc, but not the windows firewall.

please help,
iamthefly

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @iamthefly. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync at the moment.

By chance, does your Master Password contain any special characters? Also, do you have any antivirus software on the Android device?

• iamthefly
    iamthefly
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm running AVG and my password is a mix of things including exclamation marks, etc.
    Ewan

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue with Wi-Fi sync. The master password on 6.1b2 is only accepted once after a fresh install. Afterwards it won't be accepted anymore. So the only way to get another Wi-Fi sync going is to start all over again on my Nexus 6P.

• peri
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hey @iamthefly. I emailed you a while back. Can you please launch 1Password on your PC and select File > Repair 1Password vault and then try Wi-Fi syncing again? Also make sure to disable AVG on your Android device. Let me know how that goes!

@SteBae can you let me know what device you're syncing with? Also, do you have any firewalls or antivirus software installed on your computer or Android?

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member
    Options

@peri I'm using 1Password on two Android devices: Nexus 6P (Android 6.0.1) and GPad-8.3 (Android 5.1.1). I have not antivirus or firewall on those devices. I do have them on the Windows 7 laptop. However, I made sure that the desktop version is greenlighted.

As stated above, typically I get it to work exactly once (so the firewall and antivirus scanner shouldn't be an issue). After that it's very unreliable unless I start all over again on the Android devices.

• @SteBae. Thanks for the info. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@peri I did sent the requested Diagnostics reports a minute ago. However, the email I sent from my phone didn't have attached the report that was generated when I went into Settings > Advanced > Email diagnostics. I thought it would automatically attach the report I was seeing in 1Password on the phone. But I managed to add the report created from the Windows app (ZIP file). Please let me know if you need anything else.

Support ID: #ZKN-82121-664

Update: I just sent a follow-up email where I manually copied and pasted the report created in 1Password on the phone (is it supposed to work like that?).

• Thanks! I'll take a look and get back to you soon!

This discussion has been closed.