Very basic login

Options
Lakehood
Lakehood
Community Member

Totally new user, switching over from Roboform. I have created a login, saved it to favorites, and enabled the Safari extension per instructions. Tapping on that login from the favorites page opens a dialog box on the right with its information but does not open the site itself.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lakehood,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Yes, that is correct. That is how it is intended to work. There are a couple of ways that you can bring up the site itself:

1. Fill items in Safari | 1Password for iOS (recommended)

2. Use 1Browser | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Lakehood
    Lakehood
    Community Member
    Options

Totally new user, switching over from Roboform. I created my first login with my user name and pw for a site I frequent. Saved it to favorites. Enabled the Safari extension per instructions. Tapping on that login from the favorites page opens a dialog box on the right with its information. Then .... nothing. Nothing I tap anywhere on that page actually opens the web site for the login I just created. Must be something so obvious that the instructions don't cover it. Help, please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 9.2
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Lakehood
    Lakehood
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for the reply to my previous partially completed and accidentally posted question. If I understand correctly, there is no way to log in to a site directly from within the 1password app. You have to browse to the sites login page first, and then you can get 1password to fill in the user name and pw. Yes?

• Ben
    Options

@Lakehood,

You're very welcome!

That is how most folks prefer it, but we do have a web browser ("1Browser") built-into 1Password which you can read about in my second link above. This enables you to browse directly from within 1Password.

Tapping on the "website" field within a login item will open the URL stored in the field and attempt to fill your credentials within 1Browser.

Thanks!

Ben

• Lakehood
    Lakehood
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.