Endless 1Password-Dropbox syncing loop on iOS

Options
Bibliophile
Bibliophile
Community Member
edited February 2016 in iOS

I was noticing that, when trying to look up a password on my iPhone, 1Password was flashing the search results repeatedly, which caused me to start investigating. I noticed that 1Password was continuously syncing my 704 passwords (using Dropbox - 14.8% utilized), until I either quit the app or it eventually crashed. I have 1Password running on both a Mac and a PC, and they appear to both be functioning normally. After a crash or reboot, 1Password will rescan my passwords and see any changes made on either the Mac or PC, but once stuck in the endless sync loop, no changes are recognized by the iOS version. I've just checked, and my lesser-used iPad exhibits similar behavior. Deinstalling and reinstalling the app has no effect, nor does rebooting.

Here are my devices and their configuration:

Mac

• OS X 10.11.3
  • 1Password version: 6.0.1
  • Dropbox version: 3.12.6
  • 1Password Behavior: Normal

Windows

• Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, build 10586.71
  • 1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
  • Dropbox version: 3.12.6
  • 1Password Behavior: Normal

iPhone 6 Plus (40.6 GB Free Space)

• iOS version 9.2.1
  • 1Password version: 6.2.1
  • Dropbox version: 4.2.3
  • 1Password Behavior: as described above (endless syncing loop until crash or forced quit)

iPad Air 2 (3.5 GB Free Space)

• iOS version 9.2.1
  • 1Password version: 6.2.1
  • Dropbox version: 4.2.3
  • 1Password Behavior: as described above (endless syncing loop until crash or forced quit)

Troubleshooting steps undertaken:

• Reboot
  • Reinstall app
  • verify iOS only impact (Mac to PC works as expected)
  • Create dummy log in to test (works on Mac and PC, only syncs on iOS devices at beginning of sync, otherwise does not appear)
  • Checked to see if my Dropbox space was used up (only 14.8% used)

1Password has been flashing for a while now, but only today did I have a few spare cycles that I could dedicate to troubleshooting, so this may have been happening in the background for a month or so now (figure out why search results were flashing). I didn't want to monkey around with any of the internal files for fear of deleting or corrupting my database. Please help - now that I know there is a problem, it's really irritating.

Thank you,

Bibliophile

I have sent, via e-mail, the diagnostic report, to support+ios@agilebits.com, and have included a link to this thread.

_1Password Version: (see above)
_Extension Version: (see above)
_OS Version: (see above)
_Sync Type: (see above)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the detailed description of the problem, @Bibliophile, and also for sending us the diagnostic report. We've received it and once we've reviewed it and come up with an idea we'll get back to you via email.

Then we can take it from there. Thanks!

Ben

ref: EWN-78522-881

This discussion has been closed.