amyarai
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

i am so scared i can't get anywhere

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/installing-extensions, ug:mac/saving-a-login, ug:mac/installing-extensions, kb:disable-browser-password-manager

Comments

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

how to get rid of multiple copies of login

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: ug:mac/installing-extensions, ug:mac/saving-a-login, ug:mac/installing-extensions, kb:fix-website-login, kb:create-multi-page-login

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

i can't figure out what i am doing on this program i am totally lost please someone help

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: ug:mac/installing-extensions, ug:mac/saving-a-login, ug:mac/installing-extensions, kb:fix-website-login, kb:create-multi-page-login

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

You asked for help on the 1Password for Macintosh forum. Now all you have to do is describe you problem and include some of the basic information so we can help you. Like: What version of 1Password, what version of OS X? How do you sync between devices (wiFi, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.)?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@amyarai - Also, have you looked at the User Guides on the 1Password support site? It will be very hard for anyone to help you unless you tell us what you are trying to do, what happens then, and what did you expect instead. Be as complete as you can.

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

i was able to save a password for one bank ok but the other bank didn't let me log in and i had to reset the password and then i saved it with the bank, but now i have 3 logins in 1password for that bank and none of them allow me in my account. i am afraid i won't be able to get in my accounts if i give up keychain.

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

and yes i read the user guide but i don't understand what i need to do

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

i am using Safari version 9.0.3 When I click on preferences I go to the 1password website and i can't see how to get to the Safari autofill tab in order to disable Safari's built in password manager. . Also the instructions say don't delete passwords from my browser. How do i know if I have passwords in my browser?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@amyarai
    This is in reply to your latest post.
    You don't go to the 1Password website. Instead, when Safari is active, i.e., the frontmost app, click on Preferences in the Safari menu item. Then go to the Passwords tab and either turn AutoFill on or off depending on what you want. As for deleting passwords there. If you have passwords already set, there may be some that you need and don't have any backups for. Once you've moved them to 1Password safely, you can delete them in Safari.
    Previous posts: It would also help if you mention what version of 1Password you're using and the way you saved a password for the first bank. Did you save a username as well? Don't give up, you'll get the idea soon. Also, remember that this is a weekend so most of the AgileBits staff is off until tomorrow morning. Then you'll get some definite answers. HTH

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amyarai,

Thanks for asking this question.

You may simply select the ones which you do not wish to keep and either drag them to the trash or press the delete button an confirm deletion.

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

i cannot get 1 password to save a password for universal card.com It doesn't do it. Are there websites for which 1 password doesn't work???also i can't make it save logins and password for a 2 page entrance into bank accounts and i can't find the instructions for doing that on your support page

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @amyarai,

You're now discussing the matter with the people from AgileBits so lets see if we can help :smile:

I feel we might need a little more detail from you though. 1Password mini is actually code that lives inside the 1Password application so if you've downloaded the 1Password application either from our own AgileBits Download page or if you purchased 1Password from Apple's Mac App Store then download via their App Store application then in every instance I've ever seen you have downloaded 1Password mini too.

So I'm guessing you've downloaded 1Password and now you're seeing an error message of some kind. If you are could you post exactly what it says please as that should help us understand what the issue might be. Basically, the more you can describe what you tried and what happened the more information we have and the theory is the better the position we're in to help you. I'm very confident we can help you get up and running :smile:

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

no error message i have 1 password and 1password mini At first nothing happened when i clicked on the 1 password mini Now i have added some websites but others won't allow 1 password to save the password As in Chase bank and attuniversal card. i can't find the instructions as to what to do with 2 page logins I saw it but i didn't print it out and now i can't find it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amyarai,

So there are two separate issues to address here.

The first seems to be regarding the website AT&T Universal Card, with URL https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/OutsideView.do?forward=Index&siteId=AC is that correct?

So there are two things with this page that cause us trouble. The first is after you've typed in your username the site physically alters the text so instead of say username it displays and stores us****me and as that is what is stored in the field that's what 1Password sees and stores. As it is recording us****me that's what it attempts to use when you fill meaning it never stood a chance. The other bit is there are a total of 5 password fields on the page even though only one is visible. 1Password takes a guess as to which is your real password but it guesses incorrectly.

Please find below a JSON of a Login item. If you select the entire block and copy to your clipboard you should find a new menu option becomes available in 1Password and it can be found at File > New Item from Clipboard. This will create an item based on the information below and if you edit it so that instead of using the placeholder information it holds your real username and password I would hope this Login item works for you.

{"sectionName":"C","details":{"backupKeys":["lVM3\/QnpppMrMbgbKw0ZYpGpdzEMDTB72yJSgtyppOgeA23z6bMaxZc4iacTEZVGiHSPyClWvd\/qs4WTqEB8Sw==","Jmv6WpAfLn5P+VpwoL11XsIKYSFWuIdbwkVRvYL+6MaDNEeDPIFnf0cBQVvBC9Fd62usZnGTrcvXTzedWAg7DQ=="],"htmlForm":{"htmlMethod":"LB1"},"fields":[{"value":"username","id":"USERNAME-citiTextBlur;opid=__7","name":"USERNAME-citiTextBlur","type":"T","designation":"username"},{"value":"a","id":";opid=__9","name":"","type":"P"},{"value":"b","id":";opid=__10","name":"","type":"P"},{"value":"c","id":";opid=__11","name":"","type":"P"},{"value":"d","id":";opid=__12","name":"","type":"P"},{"value":"password","id":";opid=__13","name":"PASSWORD","type":"P","designation":"password"}]},"uuid":"C798EA80B2514767ADA3D2F9002F3ECA","updatedAt":1454955239,"createdAt":1454955060,"categoryUUID":"001","overview":{"title":"Citi","url":"https:\/\/accountonline.citi.com\/cards\/svc\/OutsideView.do?forward=Index&siteId=AC","ainfo":"username","ps":1},"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"website","url":"https:\/\/accountonline.citi.com\/cards\/svc\/OutsideView.do?forward=Index&siteId=AC"}}]}

I don't have an account with the to test with but all my checks indicate that this should stand a chance at working. What I did was correct the username and point 1Password to the correct password field so that any changes in the two visible fields at the top of the Login item are correctly reflected in the all important web form details section.

Please let me know how you get along with this.

Regarding your second query, how to create a Login item that works on a multi-page login form. We have this guide, Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages which details a couple of approaches that might work as well as a fallback approach. All of it depends on the site in question as each site can be very unique in how they create their login pages. Does the guide help at all?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amyarai,

I'm very sorry you're having trouble getting started with 1Password! I'm sure we can help get things running smoothly. Was the latest answer from vplewis helpful for you?

Bank websites often have tricky login pages, but in most cases we're able to help save working Login items for those sites in 1Password. For most sites, the best way to save a Login item in 1Password is by following the steps here: Saving a Login

Now, those steps work best when a site has one page that asks for a username and password. But some bank/financial sites have a multi-page login process, where they ask for a username on one page, and after you submit that, they ask for your password on the second page. If that's the kind of thing your bank's site is doing, you should try saving a login item by following the steps here: Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

If you're still having trouble with that, would you be able to let us know the URL for the bank site?

i was able to save a password for one bank ok but the other bank didn't let me log in...

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but it sounds a bit like you saved a Login item for one bank website and then tried to use it to sign into a different bank website. When you save a Login item for a certain site, it is meant to work on that specific site. If you have another account on another bank website, you'll need to save a different Login item for it, as that will be a different set of login credentials (i.e. username, password, and website address).

...and i had to reset the password and then i saved it with the bank, but now i have 3 logins in 1password for that bank and none of them allow me in my account.

Do you mean you changed/reset your password on the bank's website, but didn't update your Login item in 1Password with the new password? When you change a password for a website account, you'll need to do that on the website itself, as well as in 1Password, so that your Login item has the correct information. It should be easier than it sounds, and we explain how that works here: How to change a password for a site saved in 1Password

Does this help so far? It sounds like you might have more questions, but I don't want to give you too much information all at once. Let's work on saving Login items for your bank site(s), and once that's working, we'll continue from there. Just let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amyarai,

Regarding AT&T Universal Card and multi-page logins (often seen on financial websites). It turns out I responded to you on this topic in another thread so I recommend we keep all the conversation there. That way if somebody else from the 1Password team comes along to try and help they aren't confused if the conversation has been spread out over 2/3 different threads and it also means you aren't being asked to do something repeatedly or even worse, one suggestion conflicts with another because one person doesn't realise you're getting answers elsewhere too.

If your current issues are regarding AT&T Universal Card and multi-page logins it almost sounds like whatever problem you were experiencing that caused you to create this question might be resolved? If they are that's great and we'll work with you on what it takes to create these more complicated Login items but if you're still having trouble with 1Password mini please let us know.

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

not resolved. i save the password in 1 password.and I have a login for the At&t universal card, but it will not work with that website.

• @amyarai Sorry to hear that. What happens when you try to use the Login on that website? Also, I'm curious to know what happens if you open the main 1Password app and double-click the Login. Does it open and fill the website, just open it, or do nothing at all?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amyarai,

I noticed you've been asking for help with these same issues in a few different forum threads, which can become quite confusing. Overall, it sounds like you're having trouble saving working Login items for accounts on a few different websites (including the AT&T Universal Card website and a couple bank websites).

To avoid confusion, and to make sure we don't accidentally duplicate our efforts, I've merged your different discussions into this one, single thread. We'll continue to help you solve the problems with Logins for those websites in this forum discussion, so you don't need to check multiple places for answers.

The latest thing you told us is that you're still having trouble with your Login item for the AT&T Universal Card website, so let's focus on solving that problem first. Please let us know the answers to the questions from penderworth, and we'll continue from there. (Once that problem is solved, we'll be happy to help with the Login items for your bank websites, if you're still having trouble with those.)

Thanks in advance, and hopefully we'll be able to help you get this all sorted out soon! :)

• amyarai
    amyarai
    Community Member
    Options

What is penderworth? Where do I find it? These discussions are very confusing to me I have never used this type of communication before it doesn't seem to work like livechat. I can only find this place by clicking from email. that's why i asked how to use a forum I don't understand how i made several forum threads It seems like every other password i try to enter doesn't get saved.

• @amyarai Sorry for the confusion. :( Penderworth is me. Drew was mainly asking for the answers to the questions I asked in my previous post:

Sorry to hear that. What happens when you try to use the Login on that website? Also, I'm curious to know what happens if you open the main 1Password app and double-click the Login. Does it open and fill the website, just open it, or do nothing at all?

We can definitely take things to email if you'd like. Just send us a message at support+forum@agilebits.com and be sure to include a link to this thread. We'd be happy to help there.

This discussion has been closed.