I just purchased and downloaded 1Password for windows. When launched it says "1Password Trial"

Options

I assume I don't have a "trial" version since I paid for it, so why does it say trial? When I select Help/About is says "Demo mode - you have 0 items in your vault (up to 20 items for free) What's up with this?
I have set nothing up yet but intend to sync over wifi

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased and downloaded 1Password for windows. When launched it says "1Password Trial"

Comments

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

I found where I could enter the key. This did not behave as your help steps specified - but it is resolved.

• That's good news, @Nancy247, thanks for letting us know.

Which help article did you use exactly? We'd like to improve it, so other users don't face the same issue you did.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to find it on your site. I'm sure it was the general instructions for downloading and running 1Password for Windows. Also, I posted a comment/request for help yesterday. I like the program but have been unable to get it to sync with my Android phone. I followed the steps. Followed the trouble-shooting steps regarding disconnecting from wifi on both devices, rebooting etc. That made no difference. Next I tried to set up the peer-to-peer network following the steps in your guide but Windows 10 does not have the same options in the network settings. It has "Set up a new network - Setup new router or access point or Manually connect to a wireless network. I tried the manually connect option but did not know what security type to chose. If you have steps for Windows 10, I will try that.

• Hi @Nancy247 - I'm sorry you are having a problem using WiFi sync in 1Password between your Android device and your Windows PC. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

—Android—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

Sent the windows diagnostic report but was linked to the wrong forum message. Will send again. The Android is in some loop - seems to be getting a bit further this time but wants my password more than once, then just starts searching again. Once it stops, I will send the report

• @Nancy - Thank you for sending us the diagnostics report from your Windows PC. We will reply directly to you via email :)

ref: MVS-69574-217

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Waiting to hear. (I'm on a jury for a couple of months, so not able to respond promptly) Nancy
    I do like your software, have had to redo a couple of the logins because they did not work - deleting and replacing worked.

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

I get to the "start sync" on my phone, it looks like it is going to connect but then nothing happens. I have put in the "new secret", hit enter or go, which ever it is and the phone just sits there until I get "Sync error. There as a temporary connection problem during sync. Please check the connection on both devises and try again" I have left the wifi sync window open on my PC. If I click on "view log" that is blank.

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and the phone does show my desktop to connect to

• @Nancy247 - Thanks we have received your email and we will reply directly.

ref: MVS-69574-217

• Nancy247
    Nancy247
    Community Member
    Options

ok

• We will reply shortly - Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.