how find what an existing password for a spefic site is?

Options
paullois
paullois
Community Member

how find what an existing password is?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how find what an existing password for a spefic site is?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@paullois would you mind please explaining a little more fully what you want to do? Are you referring, for example, to a password which has been saved in 1Password or to one which you have never saved in 1Password?

It will also be helpful if when you post again you tell us:

Stephen

• paullois
    paullois
    Community Member
    Options

Use OSX Yosemite 10-10-5. Google Chrome, 47.0.2526.11 (64 bit). When i open 1Password I get list of my passwords with a topic list of types ofitems saved. NO" ABOUT" I have free version. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paullois,

Thanks for the information! It sounds like you're having trouble finding the version of 1Password on your Mac because you don't see the "About 1Password" option in the main 1Password window. You won't find the version number in that main window: Instead, from the main 1Password app, you'll need to go to the 1Password menu (it should be at the top of the screen next to the  menu), and the first option in that menu will be About 1Password. If you select that, a window will show you the exact version number. Please let us know if you can find that, as it will help us to confirm which version you're using.

In addition to that, can you please elaborate on what you're trying to do in 1Password? I'm having some trouble understanding the question in your first post. If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, we should have a much better idea of how to help you out with that. Thanks in advance! :)

• paullois
    paullois
    Community Member
    Options

I think i have version 14.0. After have saved a password want to see what password is for a particular site,,
    say likeAmazon.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paullois,

Sorry that you're having difficulty with this.

Are you sure you are using 1Password? There is no such thing as version 14.0 for 1Password. I'm trying to find which password managers are version 14.

Can you tell me the exact name of the app you have?

• paullois
    paullois
    Community Member
    Options

sorry to be such a pain. Finally found version of 1Password, it is 6, 6.0.1, (601003). Thanks

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@paullois if, in 1Password preferences > Security, under Display you have checked Conceal passwords you can reveal the password for any item simply pressing pressing the alt, or option, (⌥) key.

Does that help?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paullois,

I hope Stephen's answer was helpful! Please let us know if you have other questions or if we misunderstood what you meant. Cheers! :)

• paullois
    paullois
    Community Member
    Options

You all are the greatest, very patient which is needed for a novice like me. Many thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paullois,

It sounds like Stephen_C was able to help you find the answer you were looking for. Should you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.