Hi, 1 password mini pop up all the time in safari 9.0.3. Even if I unchecked the box

Options
kokopelli78
kokopelli78
Community Member

Hi, 1 password mini pop up all the time in safari 9.0.3. Even if I unchecked the box in preference to keep 1 password mini running. I think that this problem appeared after the last update to El capitan 10.11.3. Thanks Real

new info...I disabled the extensions and the problem is gone....waiting for a fix

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini 1 password pop up

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kokopelli78,

Can you help us out a bit please as I'm not sure I fully understand the situation where this is happening.

1Password should only become visible if you've done something to open 1Password mini. The idea is we're meant to sit silently, waiting for when the user indicates they want to use 1Password. Here are some of the ways I know to open 1Password mini.

1. Clicking the 1Password menu bar icon.
    2. Clicking the 1Password Safari Extension icon.
    3. The keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\

All of those will result in 1Password mini's menu becoming visible. At the moment I can't think of another action that would open the 1Password mini in a browser. Logging into a site that 1Password doesn't have stored would bring up the 1Password Save Login but this has always intended to be the case and can be turned off by disabling a 1Password preference titled Automatically ask to save new Logins and this option can be found in the Browser tab of 1Password's preferences.

So I'd love to read more on what is happening and when on your Mac as I haven't come across this before.

This discussion has been closed.