cannot register Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) as the os x will not recognize the web address sent "x-

Options

cannot register Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) as the os x will not recognize the web address sent "x-onepassword4://register..."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot register Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) as the os x will not recognize the web address sent "x-onepassword4://register..."

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @berndt,

I hope you don't mind but as you've mentioned 1Password 3 specifically I've moved your query to our 1Password 3 for Mac section under Legacy where we discuss this older version of 1Password.

It sounds like you're attempting to download the 1Password 6 licence file. Back when we released 1Password 4 for Mac we moved form using a licence key to a licence file and we've continued using the licence file since. If you want to register your licence with 1Password 3 though that means you need a licence key that you can copy and paste into the field when 1Password asks for it. You should see a licence key in the email. Please don't post it here as otherwise we'll have to disable it and regenerate a new one for you but if you can see a licence key you should be able to use that to inform 1Password 3 that you're a licensed customer and that it should disable trial mode.

If you're having any problems please do let us know but hopefully that helps :smile:

• berndt
    berndt
    Community Member
    Options

the 8/4/4/4/12 character code sent in the reply file name after the x-onepassowrd4://register/ is not recognized."This is not a 1Password for Mac license. Please verify you copied the key from your 1Password for Mac purchase and not another product."

• berndt
    berndt
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

At the screen that leads with"Great! You've successfully registered the following license:" it appears that the registration is only for version 6 that requires Yosemite or later. ( saw also ok for v4and v5 using same file.) at the downloads i found the version for my OS x version 10.7.5 that led me to this point. Looks like i need to modernize and try again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @berndt,

I think I may understand now, I've emailed you your 1Password 3 licence key, you should have a message from us in your inbox :smile:

Does it work better now?

ref: IKY-27119-513

This discussion has been closed.