Fill specific characters of a password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can 1P fill out selected characters from password?.

Comments

• nth_character
    nth_character
    Community Member
    Options

Hi team - my first time posting to this forum. I see lots of requests for this feature, but no action! I really need a solution because I have a number of different banks and credit cards looking for the same thing.

My only way to do this is to copy and paste into another program, count the characters and then go back to the original page. Please can the Dev team give us an interim fix that will enable us to easily find the characters, even if it can't autopopulate?

It doesn't have to auto-fill! It just has to be really easy to see each character in its place so I can grab the right ones - or a simple UI where I enter 3,11,13 in 1password and out pop the right characters.

I do understand the thing about standards - but am desperate enough to get a fix that I am prepared to look elsewhere to find a product that meets my need (despite loving the general simplicity of 1P)

Come on team - help your users out here! Thanks...

• nth_character
    nth_character
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - just noticed that I posted this in IOS but it is a Windows issue for me - is it possible to move this comment? Thanks

• Hi @nth_character (nice username, BTW)!

I'm sorry to say that this type of feature is not available in 1Password.

There is one solution for this, though. Our new version of 1Password that is currently in beta and available in the Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGGZ0HT9) on Windows 10 PCs will gain a feature to display an enlarged version of the password in a few days.
    The really cool part of this feature is that we have a character counter below the password and visually offset each character. That will make it very easy to pick the character you need for the challenge response on the site(s) in question.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any more feedback, questions, or issues.

Cheers,

Alex

• nth_character
    nth_character
    Community Member
    Options

Hurray!

Thanks @AlexHoffmann - that will definitely help me a lot. Will download it now!

• We're glad to hear you like this :)

I'm going to let you know once the new version is out so you can give the feature a try.

This discussion has been closed.