is multiple shareable vaults supported on Windows and iOS?

Options

I see a topic in the Mac 1Password guide for this but not in the Windows guide.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1, Windows 7, iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:multiple vaults on windows

Comments

• Hi @mjhuggins - Yes, you can share multiple vaults between 1Password on Windows and 1Password on iOS. In 1Password on Windows each vault is opened separately and has its own unique password.

To switch between the vaults select File > Re-Open 1Password Vault.

In 1Password on iOS you will need to make one of the vaults the primary vault and each additional vault will be a secondary vault.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

• Hi @mjhuggins,

To expand on Laura's post, you would need to make sure you're using Dropbox as the 1Password for iOS would only let you add secondary vaults via Dropbox.

As for 1Password for Windows, you can also switch between the vaults by clicking the vault icon on the main 1Password program's toolbar.

If you're using the extension in your browser, click on the 1Password icon, you can go to the Open 1Password Vault submenu to switch the vault.

If you're unlocking 1Password extension, there's a dropdown button on the bottom left of the unlock screen to let you switch vaults. This only occurs if the extension is not on a secure desktop.

I'll let the docs team know to see if we can write up a better guide for this.

This discussion has been closed.