Forced to log in to 1Password every single time

Options

EVERY time I log in to a website, 1P forces me to renter the master password to unlock and then asks to save the password, often for sites I have already saved the password for. It is very frustrating. And, is there not an option for 1P to recognize where I am and ENTER the password, instead of my having to click to it?

1Password Version: 4.60.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:forced to log in

Comments

• Hi @rgalivan - I'm sorry you are having a problem with the 1Password browser extension. Can you first check your settings under the Security tab in Preferences to make sure that the time you have set there for locking is correct. Then can you tell me which browser you are using and what version. Thanks!

• Hi @rgalivan,

This sounds like you have something else filling into your login fields, possibly the browser's built-in password manager.

To be clear, are you seeing your login fields filled before 1Password is unlocked?

1Password cannot fill while it is locked, so if you are logging in with both the user/password filled, that means your browser or a different extension filled it in for you. You should disable it if you want 1Password to protect your data.

This discussion has been closed.