1Password, new Function Fingerprint unlock not working

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcamou: Great question! I'm sorry for being so cryptic. 1Password for Android will continue to support Nexus Imprint on Android Marshmallow.

Where Android N comes in is that while only certain devices are suffering from this issue on M, so far the problem is more widespread on N. So it's likely that a solution to the N problem will help M as well. In either case, we're committed to getting it working on as many devices as possible. That precludes Android Lollipop, but we want to support as many device and OS versions as we can — and that includes the fingers of you and the rest of the folks in this discussion. :)

• Bravo
    Bravo
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi! I have mobile phone ZUK Z1. Function Fingerprint unlock not working.
    Error: javax.crypto.illegalBlockSizeException
    Help me :)

Android 6.0.1 - CM13

• Thanks for reporting this error message @Bravo. Unfortunately, we don't have a solution at this time, but I will pass this information on to our developers. :)

• gbnor
    gbnor
    Community Member

Hi,
    Please advise the development team the fingerprint unlock is not working on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note5 running Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Error: javax.crypto.illegalBlockSizeException

Thank you!

• Thanks for the feedback, @gbnor. I will indeed pass your device details and the error message along to the team! :)

• muddlefoot
    muddlefoot
    Community Member

I have this issue as well. Note 5 stock everything 6.0.1. Reset my phone completely and the issuse remains. Also reinstalled the app after the reset. Super annoying. I've paid for 1password on everything platform since 2011. This issue should be fixed already.

• Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with Fingerprint Unlock as well, @muddlefoot. I'll pass your feedback along to our developers.

• Themw
    Themw
    Community Member

Hello,

I have similar issues with my Umi Touch, it gives the message: " fingerprint scanning unavailable, an error has occurred: javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException".

I read through the entire set of postings, but have not seen any work around. Anybody?

Thanks for helping/commenting.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Themw: I'm sorry to hear that! While I'm not familiar with that particular device, for some reason some do not fully support Android's cryptographic features, which is why you're getting that error. The best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to see if there's something we can do to work around these limitations in the future:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.