Items disappearing after saving [We're investigating this as a sync issue ATM]

Options
Nukey
Nukey
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I recently lost some login information, I could not figure out why. I have my 1Password synched over dropbox, and now, a password i frequently use (for thomann.de) is gone. Its also gone on my android phone and on my laptop.
Another login for the same site is still here. Others I searched are still here.
I already had this once before where I lost some more Passwords. Back then I tried to recover the file from a backup, but it was nowhere to find, I just lost some time trying that, but I figured out it was not that bad, as I can recover almost anything via mail.
Well, this is reducing my trust in 1Password immensively. I already told a lot of customers about 1Password, that happily use it, and I bought it for everyone working for me. But this is just an incredibly big no-go, why do I save the things when they just get lost??

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• DocSchlock
    DocSchlock
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This is happening to me as well. I've lost over 25 logins after updating to the most recent Windows version. They just disappear randomly - not in the Trash or anything. I can restore older files through dropbox and get them back (and lose my most recent saved logins), only to have different ones vanish without a trace later.

• Hi @Nukey and @DocSchlock - I'm so sorry that you seem to be losing logins, this shouldn't be happening. Can you both send in diagnostics reports from your devices so we can investigate the set up and find out why this might be happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• DocSchlock
    DocSchlock
    Community Member
    Options

ID [#FZG-29636-924]

As a note, I just upgraded to the latest BETA to see if that fixes the problem at all. I've had a separate bug with emptying the trash wiping out secure notes and logins that were not in the trash similar to my above issue. Or it may have been the above issue timed coincidentally, not sure.

• Hi @DocSchlock - thanks for sending that report. We will reply via email shortly.

• DocSchlock
    DocSchlock
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I literally just had a login disappear again on its own. I have vault backups, one with the record and one without the record in case you need those at all.

• DocSchlock
    DocSchlock
    Community Member
    Options

One thing I have noticed: It only seems to remove logins to sites I visit. I'll lose the login when I go to a website and open the 1Password plugin.

• @DocSchlock - Thanks for this information, though this seems very strange and I am not sure what would be causing it. Let me find your support ticket so we can delve into this in more detail. Thanks!

• DocSchlock
    DocSchlock
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Around the time it manifested, I switched to Chrome from Firefox. That may be coincidental also, but it did start happening after that. I never saw this issue in Firefox.

• @DocSchlock - Thanks, we received your ticket and we will reply via email.

• jhudsonwa
    jhudsonwa
    Community Member
    Options

Throw my name in the hat as well. Same issue. One minute I'm using a login (like github), next it's gone without a trace.

• Hi guys,

Just an update on the issues bought up here, we were able to restore the data with the customers here. We're seeing certain files being removed by the sync client or something else on the system. Restoring the file deleted on Dropbox.com fixed the issue immediately.

We're not yet able to reproduce it with identical setups but we've made some changes in the latest beta version to try to address this issue.

@judsonwa, are you using Dropbox by any chance? Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• jhudsonwa
    jhudsonwa
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, Dropbox here as well. I'll send the reports tomorrow. What's odd is the "missing" logins all appear still on iOS. Even after a sync

• Hi @jhudsonwa,

It's not odd at all, the iOS and Mac apps use an internal database structure in addition to sync files it stores aside from the cloud sync services.

In this case, it noticed the weird state that the remote file is missing a file but it doesn't proceed with putting that in the database. It is not normal for files to disappear at all, so the iOS app in your case did protect you against this. The thing is, Windows does not have an internal database like iOS/Mac yet but it is on our plans to support.

Let us know here when you sent the report. You should able to restore the missing files on Dropbox.com's Events page but do not do this until we get the report first and give you the steps to do this.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

it's happening here as well :( after trying to get into gmail and the login not showing up in the browser extension I opened 1password and like magic (not the fun kind!) the login was gone T_T after restoring from a backup i lost around 100 logins, and I didn't even visit most of them...

• Hi @CyberNaruto - I'm so sorry you are also seeing this issue. Could you also create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• vikaesar
    vikaesar
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing this same issue. I've had to restore from a backup twice after losing some 15 Login items randomly.
    I'm using Dropbox to sync, too.

• Thanks @vikaesar - could you also send a diagnostics report? We really appreciate everyone's help with this.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

[#JSK-81775-623]

• Thanks for letting us know about the email, @CyberNaruto. We'll investigate it thoroughly and let you know about our findings.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

so far it seems to have stopped o.o"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'm cautiously optimistic. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues!

This discussion has been closed.