How to migrate from 1Password 3.x (iOS) to 1Password 6.x (Android)

nuttolo
nuttolo
Community Member

Hello everyone

Since last May I'm using an Android smartphone (ASUS ZenFone 2 with Android Lollipop 5.0), which had replaced my old iPhone 4s.

On my iPhone, I used to use 1Password 3.x, and I've never upgraded to 4.x or newer versions because I was stuck on iOS 7.x (personal choice).

How could I transfer my 1Password database from iOS to Android? I've already made a 1Password database backup which has .1ptbackup file extension, but the Android app 6.x does not seem to want to recognize it. Any help? Thank you

1Password Version: 6.x
Extension Version: 3.x
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @nuttolo. Thanks for contacting us with your question! I'll be happy to help you migrate your data onto your Android.

Dropbox was disabled in 1Password 3, so we'll need to get you upgraded on iOS in order to sync with Android using Dropbox. You'd need to upgrade to iOS 9 in order to install 1Password 6, but you may be able to install 1Password 4 on iOS 7. Just select 1Password 6, and you should see a warning that your OS isn't supported, and it should install the latest available version (1Password 4). You can find instructions for upgrading from 1Password 3 on iOS here:
    https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/

The other option would be to install 1Password 3 on a Mac, and use Wi-Fi sync to migrate your data onto Mac, and then switch to Dropbox syncing on that device.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need help with any of these solutions, and I'll be happy to walk you through it. Thanks!

• nuttolo
    nuttolo
    Community Member

Thank you peri, I will try the solutions you suggested as soon as possible, then I will post here updates. Thank you anyway.

• Sounds good! Let me know if you get stick anywhere! Thanks!

• nuttolo
    nuttolo
    Community Member

Hi @peri, it worked for me!!! I've updated to 1Password 4 and then move my database to Dropbox, and finally I got it on my Android smartphone. Thank you so much!

• I'll jump here for @peri to say that we're thrilled that you were able to make the migration and get things syncing with your Android device. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.