Upgrading from Version 3, following "How to safely uninstall the 1Password 3 browser extensions"...

Options

I'm upgrading from Version 3 to Version 6. I'm following your instructions on "How to safely uninstall the 1Password 3 browser extensions" - Step 2. When I save a login in Safari, it appears in the main app. However, when I save a login in Chrome, it does not appear. In Step 3, which path should I take?
(By the way, not too long ago, I re-downloaded the Safari extension, but couldn't get it to work. My Chrome extension hasn't been updated for a long time, but was working.)

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: (Chrome extension version 3.9.21.90) (Safari exte
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade version 3 safari but not chrome

Comments

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to post a question, was prompted to sign in, did so, question disappeared. Was it posted?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:version 3 6 chrome safari

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to post my (original) question at about 11:20 central time, Feb 9, 2016

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

I see that my Safari extension info was truncated. The version number is 3.9.20. Thanks

• Hey @twnly! Sorry about that. You did post, but it got moved to the 1Password 3 for Mac forum since that was the topic. :wink: To answer your question, in step three I would recommend sending us a Diagnostics Report so we can look into what may be happening. Once you've done that, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive after sending it and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply. I produced a diagnostics report. There's a lot of info in it and I didn't look through the whole thing. Is there anything sensitive that I shouldn't send you?

• @twnly Nope. :) The diagnostics report contains information about your 1Password installation and configuration. We use this information solely for the purpose of diagnosing the issue you’re experiencing. The report doesn’t contain any of your actual data. You can read more about the diagnostics in our knowledge base: https://support.1password.com/privacy-what-we-know/#when-you-contact-us

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

Another quick reply; thanks. You asked for a BitBot confirmation number. I was given a "support ID" and I hope that's what you want. [#FKE-87815-297]

• @twnly Thanks for sending that over. Things look okay, so you can go ahead and remove the Chrome extension and continue the upgrade process. :) Let us know if you have any other questions along the way.

ref: #FKE-87815-297

• twnly
    twnly
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, penderworth. I think everything works.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm happy to hear it's working now, and on behalf of penderworth, you're very welcome! If you run into more problems or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.