When will you support Microsoft Edge?

Options

When will you support Microsoft Edge on Windows 10?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:Microsoft Edge, kb-search:browsers supported?, kb:cannot-install-extension

Comments

• Hi @dleseure - 1Password does not support integration with Edge, as Microsoft hasn't released an extension API for Edge browser. As soon as Microsoft offers the API, we can then start working on it. We look forward to being able to do this, thanks for the question.

• jace88
    jace88
    Community Member
    Options

Do we have any idea of whether this will happen? I just bought a Surface Pro 4 and everyone says Edge is the best browser for performance/battery (and so far it seems that way), but if there is no roadmap to introducing extensions then it's a moot point since I can't be productive with it.

• Hi @jace88,

No one knows. Microsoft mentioned it is on their plans for 2016 but that's it. Their last blog post said that there may be something coming soon in the Insider builds but it is not expected to be the full scale support for extensions, just a sneak peek of what will come in the future.

Edge is fast and light because it is being built with that in mind but the extensions can undo all of that, so I suspect Microsoft is trying to find the right balance of performance and usability.

• jace88
    jace88
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough. Fingers crossed for some potential solution which sits in between and works well. Cheers

• Cheers. Keep in mind that we can't start the process of building an extension until the APIs are ready, so it may take months after Edge's extension support is made available.

This discussion has been closed.