Ebay Login doesn´t work

Options

Hi,

since Version 6.0.1 the ebay login doesn´t work. I use Safari Browser. The Username and Password are not filled by 1password.
Any ideas?

thanks

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Wlan
Referrer: forum-search:ebay login

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @houdap,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling your login details on ebay!

We can definitely help you out with that, but first can you please let us know a few more details:

• What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Safari?
    • Does 1Password still correctly fill your other Logins?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your login credentials?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of your ebay Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open the ebay website by choosing its Login item from the 1Password extension in Safari?
    • What happens if you open ebay.com first, click the "Sign in" link at the top, and then choose your ebay Login item from the 1Password extension?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance! :)

• houdap
    houdap
    Community Member
    Options

hi

thanks, it was an old extension :-)
    now it works

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @houdap, thanks for letting us know! I'm glad you were able to solve the problem.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• tpv0rtex
    tpv0rtex
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem (eBay) with

• Mac (10.11.3 (15D21))
    • Chrome (48.0.2564.116 (64-bit)),
    • 1Password (6.1 (14))
    • the latest browser extension (4.5.5.90)

I don't have a problem with Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tpv0rtex,

The version of Chrome you have isn't the most current. Can you try visiting chrome://help/ please from inside Chrome and updating the browser. I'm wondering if the issue is related to this as we are aware of issues when there is a pending update in Chrome - it wrecks havoc with the extension until the update procedure is complete. If it isn't that we'll continue working with you to figure out why.

• tpv0rtex
    tpv0rtex
    Community Member
    Options

I have another Mac with the same problem and it's running latest Chrome: 49.0.2623.87 (64-bit). (With the same versions of the other software.)

• tpv0rtex
    tpv0rtex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @littlebobbytables,

I just upgraded to the latest chrome on all my Macs. Still have the same problem.

P.S. Love the xkcd reference.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tpv0rtex,

and yet this very same Login item works in Safari you say? Can I ask, what version of the 1Password Safari Extension do you have installed, is it possibly different from the version you have in Chrome?

One other thing worth checking is to see if you find a new Login item behaves any differently. If you create a new Login item by following our How to manually save a Login guide does it work any better in Chrome and if so does it also work in Safari?

• tpv0rtex
    tpv0rtex
    Community Member
    Options

My 1Password Safari Extension is version 4.5.3, compared with my Chrome Extension which is 4.5.5.90.

When I manually save a new login in Chrome, it appears to work: In Chrome, the old login fails and the new login works. In Safari, both work.

When comparing the old and new saved login settings, the Web form details differ. The old login has fields named userid and pass containing my user ID and password, respectively. The new login has those same fields but they both contain empty strings; it also has fields named 294808514 (containing my user ID) and 40707411 (containing my password). Everything else about the logins appears the same.

So I'll use the new saved login, which works in both browsers. That works around my problem.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the investigating, @tpv0rtex. I'm glad that new login is working for you now.

• stalar
    stalar
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1Password Team,

I'm having problem with filling eBay login after I installed the latest version of 1Password Safari extension (version 4.5.5). I'm using Safari 9.0.3 on OS X 10.11.3. I installed new version of extension this morning and after that I can't use 1Password to login to eBay website. I remember I had the same problem few months ago, also after installing newer version of the extension. Then, I uninstalled 1Password extension and installed again and it fixed the problem. Unfortunately this time it didn't help. I tried like 5-7 different websites with logins saved with 1Password - no issues. Only eBay can't login. Again. Please advise.

Regards,
    Seb

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stalar,

It's weird, my old eBay Login item still works just as well as it used to but for some people they find theirs has stopped working. Why the difference I'm not sure but have you tried creating a brand new Login item for eBay? They have definitely been monkeying around with their login page of late but a new Login item seems to work from what we've seen.

• stalar
    stalar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

I've just deleted my eBay login entry from 1Password, logged in manually on ebay.co.uk, 1Password asked me to save this login and it's working perfectly again. That's very strange. Every now and then when I update 1Password plugin it's only eBay login that stops working. Very strange. I'll keep an eye on this and will check next time you release any update. Thank's for the suggestion.
    Take care

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stalar,

Please do. We certainly aren't trying to pick on eBay so if you're consistently seeing issues we'd love to know to make sure we're not accidentally doing something.

• Mike2000tc
    Mike2000tc
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here with ebay, using Chrome on an iMac. 1password stopped filling in the password box. Solved by deleting the record, entering ebay password manually then saving as a new login on 1password when prompted.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike2000tc We have a fix for this in place and it is on its way to 1Password for Mac and iOS. We're at the end of a release cycle, so I don't know if it will be in the next release, but definitely the one after that.

• nosamp
    nosamp
    Community Member
    Options

I've had this problem for a while but after reading one of the comments I managed to sort it.
    Deleted my ebay login from 1PW, logged in manually and saved the login when 1PW asked me to and it now works!
    Weird but it's fixed so I'm happy, thanks for the help guys :chuffed:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear you managed to get it working again @nosamp, if you run into any other troubles please let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.