My one password has suddenly said that my trial has expired but I purchased it several years ago

Options
Janeturnip1
Janeturnip1
Community Member

My one password is suddenly saying that my trial has expired but I purchased it several years ago

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb:add-license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Janeturnip1 I suspect the key to your problem may be that you:

purchased it several years ago

If you never paid for an upgrade from 1P3 you need to do so because (although upgrades from 1P4 to 1P5 and 1P5 to 1P6 were free) the upgrade from 1P3 was chargeable. Take a look at this knowledge base article which will probably help:

“Trial Expired” notice (Mac)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Janeturnip1,

I was able to find, and have resent, your license information. Please follow the instructions in the email you should be receiving shortly to license 1Password.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: 448846

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member
    Options

The same thing happened with me too. I must have changed this afternoon because I didn't have that notice this morning.

• Janeturnip1
    Janeturnip1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much Ben!

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it worked for you JaneTurnip.

So is everything working for you @kia_b? I'm not certain if you're saying you have a problem or had a problem.

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @nathanvf I do still have an issue. Yesterday afternoon, my Firefox add on said "Trial expired. Click here to buy." However, I bought a license in 2013. . When I open 1password 6 to add my license it pulls up a window for my finder and I am unclear how to input my license number that way. Could you help?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hey @Kia_B,

1Password 3 was the last version for Mac to use a license key. Versions 4, 5, and 6 use a license file, which is what that Finder window was looking for. But anyone who bought 1Password 3 in 2013 received a free upgrade to 4, and 5 and 6 have been free upgrades as well, so you now have a valid license for version 6.

I have just resent your license info to you via email. In that email, under the heading "1Password 6 for Mac," you should see a link that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License." When you click that link (with 1Password 6 running and unlocked), it will open a page in your default browser which automatically downloads and applies your license to 1Password. This should take it out of trial mode. Additionally, your license file will be stored within 1Password in the Software Licenses category for future reference.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. :)

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Thank you. The trial message went away. I appreciate your help. I love the product and have recommended it numerous times.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Vee, you're very welcome! I'm really glad to hear you love 1Password, and thanks so much for recommending it to others - we wouldn't be where we are today without awesome users such as yourself, so thank you for cheering us on! :)

This discussion has been closed.