I click on the 1password icon on my iPhone 6, it just takes me to a picture of a lock and that it

tonidragon
tonidragon
Community Member

All I get on my iPhone screen is a picture of a lock with no further directions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: I click on the 1password icon on my iPhone 6, it just takes me to a picture of a lock and that it

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tonidragon,

welcome to the 1Password forum and sorry for the trouble you are having using 1Password. What you are seeing definitely is not right.

If you open 1Password for the first time you should see the 1Password setup just like you see in the new user guide:

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/new-user.html

In case you set up your 1Password already you should be prompted to enter you master password or PIN code or authenticate via TouchID.

Can I ask you if you used 1Password on this iPhone before?

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

Yes. I have used it before. Now there is no way to even enter the master password. Just a screen short of a lock.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon thanks for getting back to me with more information.

Could you try force quitting 1Password and restarting it? To do so

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
    2. Swipe left to find the 1Password.
    3. Swipe up on the 1Password preview to close it.

Now if you tap on the 1Password icon again do you see the master password field or any other way to authenticate you?

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

I haven't used it that recently so it doesn't show up.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon even if you haven't it used it in a while could you please still try force quitting 1Password and restarting it?

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

This did not work. I have the free version. Is that the problem?

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon thanks for trying that out for me. I can promise you that this has nothing to do with whether you bought the Pro features or not.

To make sure you are not running into a bug we are currently working on could you please go into airplane mode and open 1Password again?

If that doesn't work I'd ask you to turn off TouchID. Unfortunately just turning TouchID off will not work - you would have to remove all fingers you added in the settings as well. This is assuming that you had TouchID turned on for 1Password.

Did one of these measures?

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

I tried both of these. Neither worked. I got rid of the fingerprint even though I didn't have it when I got the 1 password ap. If I do to the ap store, the icon for 1password has the open prompt. When I click on it, it takes me to the screen with the lock with no prompts.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon do you sync your data in any way (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi)? That way you would have the option to reinstall 1Password and resync your data to your device.

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

I deleted the ap and reinstalled it and now it's back. Now I can't remember how to add a password to the list.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon glad to hear you can use 1Password again.

To add new item like a password you have to choose the category tab and then tap on the plus button in the upper right corner.

If you want to know more about adding items I'd recommend reading our guide on creating items.

• tonidragon
    tonidragon
    Community Member

Thanks for your help

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@tonidragon any time :) - very happy I could help.

This discussion has been closed.