Sync problem Win10 Prof. - iPad4 - iPhone5s and owncloud.

Options

Hi, I'm from Germany and I hope that my English is good enough to discribe the problem.

I`m using 1Password on my workstation (Win10prof and EsetNod32) and for documents and 1Password owncloud. I also used an iPad4 (iOS 9.2.2) and iPhone5s (iOS 9.2.2) and owncloud without connecting problems. But when I try to syncing 1Password with iPad or iPhone over wifi and started Sync, I get a popup message "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out".
Isn't it possible to sync 1Password with owncloud?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598 (Win)
Extension Version: 6.2.1 iOS App
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: owncloud
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing problem

Comments

• Hi @periFair,

When you say ownCloud, do you mean iCloud?

1Password doesn't support ownCloud, I'm not sure how you are syncing the 1Password data between iOS devices like your iPad and iPhone. 1Password for iOS only knows how to sync via Dropbox, Wi-Fi and iCloud.

As for the Wi-Fi sync, did you recently upgrade to 1Password 10? The upgrade may have set your network to private. Please try this and see if it will fix the issue:

1. Click on Start Menu, go to Settings and select Network & Internet
    2. Click on the Wi-Fi on the left side bar and then click on the Wi-Fi - Connected button.
    3. Now, turn on Make this PC discoverable

Log out and log back in, you should now be able to perform the Wi-Fi sync.

• periFair
    periFair
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT
    Yes I used the latest version of 1Password. The PC ist discoverable.
    Yes I use ownCloud with 1Password.
    When I try to sync 1Password with my iPad4/iPhone5s, I unlocked 1Password on my PC and started with "Strg+W" the process. After that I can see the name and the network-adress 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:6262 of my PC on the screen of my iPad4/iPhone5s. I put the secret number in the app and press the buttom "sync". Maybe 60 seconds later the popup message is on the screen "Error Domain=NSPO... Operation timed out".

• Hey @periFair,

Can you please check whether ESET NOD32 is blocking communication here?
    It might be a good idea to exclude 1Password.exe, Agile1pAgent.exe and the executable for the Bonjour network service, mDNSrepsonder.exe, from protocol filtering in ESET NOD32.

Please see the ESET support article 'Adjust Protocol filtering settings to prevent computer disruptions due to network traffic scanning (4.x)' For information on how to do that.

Please let us know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.