getting no help to open program and data on new surface pro 4

Options

iI have your program on an iPhone, MacBook pro, and a Lenovo laptop on windows 10. Bought a new surface pro 4 to replace the laptop. Cannot get sync to work for the new computer. Phone and laptop work ok. Set up for dropbox. There is no information from your system about windows 10. The laptop is version 1. I have bought and paid for all updat

1Password Version: es for these 4 to replace the
Extension Version: 1.0.9.34
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:getting no help to open program and data on new surface pro 4

Comments

• Hi @Araec,

Did you first install Dropbox from the website, https://www.dropbox.com? If not, first install it and then let it sync. The Windows 10 Store version of Dropbox will not work for this, only the regular version from their site.

After it is done syncing, open 1Password, it should detect the vault from Dropbox. If not, what do you see instead?

If you see the welcome tour with two or three options, click on I have used 1Password before and then point it to the 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault folder in your Dropbox folder. That should get you going.

I hope this helps.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

That does not work. Also your captcha system is WAY out of date bc it is also hard to use. The new download program may be the cause. I am fed up.

• Hi @areac,

We're very sorry to hear that you're still having problems and we can understand your frustration.

Can you please tell us where you're seeing a CAPTCHA? We're not using any on our site.

Have you tried downloading and installing Dropbox according to Mike's instructions?

We want to get everything working for you and will do everything we can to achieve this.

Cheers!

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

Cant follow Mike's instructions. I alrady have Dropbox working and have your program working on other computers, one of which I will replace with the surface 4.

• Hi @araec,

Let's start with the main program. What happens when you open the main 1Password program, what do you see? Do you see the Help Menu on top? If yes, please send us your 1Password diagnostics report.

Use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

I assume that your questions relate to the new program that is on the pro 4 and does not work. It is your trial versi As with everything I see on your site there are no guides for windows 10.Downloading dropbox just gets me to my existing dropbox. most tabs on your trial version just get me Èyour vault is locked and inputting the key just gets me back to the trial version.
    I have now invested 1.5 days with this. Enough!

• Hi @araec,

We are not assuming anything, we are trying to understand what you are having issues with, there is not enough information for us to work with.

We are asking you to tell us what you see when you open the main 1Password program, do you see this:

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

This location can be seen from the surface pro. I get this error message ÈC:\Users\Rae\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain is read-onlyÈ.

• Hi @araec,

Thank you, that helps a lot. We've seen this a few times, this was caused by Windows 10 setting the wrong permission on the folder.

Please copy that 1Password.agilekeychain to your desktop and then open the main 1Password program, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault, select that 1Password.agilekeychain folder on the desktop, does that work?

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

FYI I stumbled upon the Beta version in the Microsoft store. I downloaded it and booted it immediately operational after input of the key! I don't like it much but it runs.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

Re your suggestions above. The program works on my old Lenovo laptop running windows 10, but not on the surface pro 4,excet that now the beta works. Can I switch over from betaÉ

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @araec,

The program works on my old Lenovo laptop running windows 10, but not on the surface pro 4,excet that now the beta works. Can I switch over from betaÉ

Did you try my suggestion of making a copy of your folder to your desktop? The issue is not with 1Password, the issue is that Windows 10 has set the wrong permission on your 1Password folder, which prevents 1Password from using it. We need to fix your permission and then it will work fine.

The 1Password Beta in the Windows 10 Store is a beta version of a new program, it doesn't have everything yet but we'll be working hard on that.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

how do I copy the folder from one computer to the new desktop?

• Hi @araec,

The folder is already on your new Surface Pro 4's drive. It's here: C:\Users\Rae\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain

1. Open Windows File Explorer, go to your Dropbox folder and copy the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to your desktop
    2. Now, open the main 1Password program (not the beta win10 app), go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and select the 1Password.agilekeychain folder on your desktop.

Does that let you unlock now without the readonly error?

If you are still having issues, please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and the link to this thread. We'll be able to help you better there.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

cant find dropbox on the surface

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @araec,

Please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and the link to this thread. We'll be able to help you better there.

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

Now it is working but on trial version. When I go to insert license key I get "you have tried 3 times so reset and try again." How do I do this without starting this mess all over again?

• Hi @araec - I'm so glad this is working for you now. Your existing license key is good for 1Password on any Windows PC you own and is good for the latest version which is 1Password 4 for Windows. To add your key click on Help > Enter License Key. If you still need more help with this can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and the link to this thread. Thanks :)

• araec
    araec
    Community Member
    Options

That click continues to produce an error message that I have tried 3 times .

• LauraR
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @araec - I'm so sorry that this isn't working for you. Could you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we can help further with this. In the email, can you include a link back to this forum post. Thanks!

ref: UVL-12138-657

This discussion has been closed.