I use a Microsoft SurfacePro 2 and every time I start my computer I get the following messages

I use a Microsoft SurfacePro 2 running Windows 8 and every time I start my computer I get a message "Oops! an error has occurred. An important component is missing from 1Password. Re-installing 1Password 'as administrator' might correct this problem. When you re-install 1Password, please disable your anti-virus software. It might accidentally block a 'false positive'." - I have tried this several times but this problem persists unchanged.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use a Microsoft SurfacePro 2 and every time I start my computer I get the following messages

Comments

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

1Password for Windows - version 4.6.0.598 (Registered)

• Hi @nealf!

Thanks for writing in. We're going to help you fix this.

Are you using any particular anti-malware software? Do you have administrator rights whne installing?
    Other possible causes for this problem could be another application using the same cryptograhic libraries on the PC and constantly reserving them for itself during boot.

Any information you can give us will help.

Cheers!

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your interest and reply.
    I have 'Trend Micro' running on my 'Surface' but Trend also runs as an enterprise version on our corporate network. I did disable it to do the reinstall and I did do the reinstall running the install as administrator. I have tried this several times as I have had this issue ever since I installed 1Password to my Surface.
    I originally downloaded 1Password to my iPhone 5s where it works great, I thought it would be good to run it on my Surface as well but that has never worked all that well.

• Hi @nealf,

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

When I

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

When I click on Help \ Diagnostics \ export to File. . . . b=nothing seems to happen, where does it write the file to? I looked and cant find it?

• Hi @nealf, sorry for the troubles.

There are a few reasons why creating a diagnostics report can fail but since you're already experiencing issues with 1Password for Windows in the first place, I think third party involvement is very likely.

Can you please do the following:

1. Attempt to generate the report in 1Password.
    2. Open Windows Explorer, type %TEMP% in the address bar, and press Enter.
    3. Look for any files starting with 1Password. like so:

View of the %TEMP% folder in Windows 10

If you don't see a 1Password.zip file, please compress all the 1Password files you see into a single ZIP file and attach it in a reply to support+windows@agilebits.com
    Please remember to add a link to this discussion to the email.

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your assistance, I did attampt to generat the help 'Diagnostics Report (Export to file), again nothing seemed to happen, so as you suggested I started up WIndows Exploere, type %Temp% in the address bar wghich displayed a listing of folders and files in the Temp folder. Theree ewere a number of versions of the 1Password exe files and som text files. i zipped up the text tfiles as tyou suggested and attached. I aslo attached a image .jpg to show the 1 password files that were in my Temp folder including the exe files.
    I tried to browse to and attach the zip file as you suggested but was not possible - a message displayed 'File type not allowed'.

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

This is the wmessage I get when I try to att
    ache the zip file.

• That's a security precaution, @nealf.

We don't want customer to post diagnostics reports here because they contain information that can be considered sensitive, including your licence code.

Please send the ZIP file to support+windows@agilebits.com and add a link to this discussion to the email.

Thanks!

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member

Hi Alex, Thanks for persevering, I have just sent the email - subject line to your attention.
    Cheers
    Neal

• You're welcome :)

Thanks for sending in the report. We'll take a look at it shortly and get back to you.

ref: GUI-63976-215

This discussion has been closed.