I use an I-Phone but a Windows PC. Which product do I need to install?

Options

If I use an I-Phone but a Windows PC, which product do I need to install or purchase?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use an I-Phone but a Windows PC. Which product do I need to install?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@markmich - You'll need a license for the iOS application, but it is free to download from the App Store and use in its basic form. If you want the more advanced Pro feature, you unlock those with an in-app purchase. Then, because lcicenses are sold on a per platform (and per individual) basis, you will also need a license for the Windows version, which you would purchase from the AgileBits web store. There is a 30-day free trial for the latter.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

@markmich What @hawkmoth said is correct. I will also add that any user of 1Password for Teams can use all features on all the apps included in the subscription. Right now in Beta, Teams is free to use. We'll have more definite word about pricing very soon, but we're aiming to price 1Password for Team very competitively to make it a compelling choice.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• markmich
    markmich
    Community Member
    Options

Jamie, it it seems like my issue would be relatively common. I'm not sure what the cost of getting the pro version for my phone and separate licence for windows would be and how that compares to "Team." Also, if I get a separate license for windows do all my passwords still coordinate with each other or do I just have to use the same master password to make that applicable ?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markmich,

Since your questions are about the Windows (and iOS) versions of 1Password, I've moved this discussion from our Mac forum to our Windows forum. I hope you don't mind!

I'm not sure what the cost of getting the pro version for my phone and separate licence for windows would be and how that compares to "Team."

If you purchase the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS, that allows you to unlock the Pro Features in 1Password on all your iOS devices associated with your Apple ID. Similarly, if you purchase a license for 1Password for Windows, that allows you to use that version of 1Password on all your Windows PCs. Your license for that version doesn't expire, and you can use it as long as your computer's operating system supports it. There are no separate maintenance or subscription fees. If we release a brand new version of 1Password, it might be a paid upgrade, but we won't force you to purchase the upgrade and you can continue to use your licensed version if you want.

On the other hand, 1Password for Teams is a subscription-based service, so there would be a recurring fee, but it allows you to use the 1Password apps on each supported platform for free, so you don't need to pay for separate licenses. 1Password for Teams is free while it's in beta. I don't know for sure what the final cost will be as we don't have all the details worked out yet. However, our pricing page should give you an idea of what Teams will cost: https://teams.1password.com/pricing/

We're also working on 1Password for Families, which will have a different price, but I don't have definitely details about that yet either.

Also, if I get a separate license for windows do all my passwords still coordinate with each other or do I just have to use the same master password to make that applicable ?

If you purchase the iOS and Windows versions of 1Password, you can sync your data using Dropbox sync or Wi-Fi sync.

If you have a 1Password for Teams/Families subscription, your data is hosted on a server, so you just need to sign into your account from the 1Password app on each device.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.