Windows SmartScreen doesn't trust version 4.6.0.600 [We're working on it]

Options
Logic Bus
Logic Bus
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I restarted my PC and when I got to desktop it told me there was a new version of 1Password available. I clicked yes, I want to download and install it.

The progress bar climbed to 100% and then I got a message that the update could not be installed this way, with a link to the release notes.

I clicked it -- to this page: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4 -- and clicked the link to download version 4.6.0.600. When I run 1Password-4.6.0.600.exe, I get this message:

Windows Protected your PC
Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

If you click "more info" you can run it anyway, but I chose not to.

I can't tell if this is an error on Agilebits' part or an error on Microsoft's part, but for now I'm holding off on this update.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.600
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• comicgeek
    comicgeek
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same exact issue. I still installed it though.

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem here as well.

• sdkidaho
    sdkidaho
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here.

• MikeT
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

We are aware of this, it's related to Microsoft killing support for SHA1-based code signing certificates in 2016 and we had to switch to a new one that's based on SHA-256, which is included in the 4.6.0.600 update. For some reason, it is not working as it should be. It is safe to download and install it from our downloads site but you can hold off and wait for us to ship another update.

We are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible.

• Hey folks, just an update. This will break the ability to use secure desktop.

I'd recommend skipping this update for now.

• Another quick update, we've decided to pull this update and go back to the previous version.

For those of you who have installed it already, please reinstall the previous version here: https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win4/1Password-4.6.0.598.exe

This discussion has been closed.