Device not supported since Version 6

Harlie
Harlie
Community Member

Hello,
i use 1password on my Nexus 7 (2012, WiFi only) with Cyanogenmod 12.1. It works fine.

Now, if I want to update to ipassword Version 6, Google Play Store says: "Your Device is not supported".

What can I do?

On a Nexus 4 with Cyanogenmod 12.1 it works fine. Only the Nexus 7 tablet has this problem.

Greetings

Jan

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Cyanogenmod 12.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hello Jan,

Welcome to our forums! I'm glad you're here :)

This problem sounds most curious as you'd expect two devices running the same version of Cyanogenmod would be treated the same by Google Play. According to Wikipedia, version 12.1 is based on Android 5.1, so in theory Google Play should allow you to install 1Password as we only require version 4. There must be something within their implementation on tablets that Google Play doesn't like.

Is there any updates available to Cyanogenmod that you can try? Maybe version 13 would fair better. I can't be certain as I'm not using Cyanogenmod myself, but with any luck someone in our community does and can jump in here and lend a helping hand.

++dave;

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,

The previous versions can be installed and updated and used without problems. Only since the version 6 is available, is the message mentioned in the Play Store.

Greetings

Jan

• Thanks for the update, Jan.

We might have found the cause of this. Yesterday we were debugging a similar Nexus 7 report and it appears the newly added camera permission might be causing the problem. We believe we have a workaround and are aiming to get this into the 6.1 release later this month.

I'm uncertain this work around will work with Cyanogenmod 12.1, but I suspect it will. Please keep an eye out for the 6.1 release and let us know how it turns out.

Cheers!

++dave;

• Harlie
    Harlie
    Community Member

Hello,
    great, the 6.1 I can install/update on my Nexus 7 with Cyanogenmod 12.1.

It works!

Thanks,

Jan

• That's great news, @Harlie! Thanks for confirming the fix! :)

This discussion has been closed.