1Password 6(IOS) will not recognize password used for 1Password 6

Options
jhop
jhop
Community Member

1Password 6 (mac) works. 1Password 6 (IOS) does NOT recognize password used for 1Password 6 (mac)... I'm old, but I can still type...

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb-search:1Password for IOS won't open. Password IS correct, kb:ios-extension-faq

Comments

• jhop
    jhop
    Community Member
    Options

Categorically, this HELP system is really confusing, at least to me... 1Password has been a blessing over the years, but the support has gone down the tubes. Too hard to ask a simple question... Like why does 1Password show up in the Dock, but NOT in Applications???

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jhop,

I'd love to help you figure out what's going on! Here's my understanding so far:

1. You have 1Password 6 on your Mac and can unlock it without trouble.
    2. You are syncing your vault from your Mac to your iOS device using iCloud.

Using that as a jumping off point, I have a couple of questions. Your answers will help us figure this out :)

1. Did you buy 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store or from the AgileBits website?
    2. Have you ever been able to unlock your 1Password vault on your iOS device?
    3. Have you changed your Master Password recently?
    4. Does your Master Password have accented or emoji characters?
    5. Have you restored from a backup or changed sync settings recently?

Lastly, I'm really sorry our help site is confusing :( If you have suggestions for making it better, we'd love to hear them!

Thanks so much.

• jhop
    jhop
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Haven't the foggiest if I am syncing "my" vault. Using iCloud, yes but does that affect a password recognition?
    2. Bought from y'all...
    3. Back to vault again... Not sure....sorry
    4. No. Guarantee this is not the problem.
    5. No
    6. No
      Use phones. Use person-to-person email
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jhop,

As you're not entirely sure if you're synchronising your vault or not I think a good way to proceed would to request a diagnostic report. This will tell us a bit about your setup without requiring to know the ins and outs and we will handle that through email. We like the forums as it allows us to reach out to many people all at once, say if the issue is a widespread one or if a question is general enough then one post from us might help tens or even more of people who find the post and pick up an answer before reaching out to us. Public forums aren't perfect for all situations though and one of them is if we request a diagnostic report. So we'll continue the conversation that way if you feel more comfortable with that.

This guide will show you how to create a diagnostic report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you and get things rolling once again.

This discussion has been closed.