Upgraded from 3 to 4

Options

Had iPassword 3 on home and work. At home I used dropbox. At work had passwords on the computer. When I upgraded to 4 I said yes to dropbox and have lost all my work passwords. HELP. How do I get them back? HELP!! Would like to sync both together. Is that possible?

Comments

• Hi @melker,

It sounds like you have two separate vaults. Open 1Password and go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password vault, do you see two vaults and if yes, try selecting the second vault and unlock with your work password.

Does that work?

• melker
    melker
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it does! Thank you so very much - you've saved my life. Is there anyway to sync them?
    I can work this way - just wondering.

• Hi @melker,

I'm glad I was able to help you.

You can copy the data from the work vault to put it in your personal vault or you can switch between vaults to keep them separated. It is up to you.

Do you use folders in your work vault? If not, you can just select all of your items in the All folder, press Control + C to copy them, switch to your personal vault, unlock, and then press Control + V to paste them in.

• melker
    melker
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. Who knew? I've been using iPassword for years and stupidly never explored to this extent. Thank you so much - very appreciated. :)

• Mike's awesome, isn't he?

We're glad he was able to help you.

Is there anything else we can do for you?

This discussion has been closed.