Can't update 1Password 4.5.2 to 4.5.3.

Options
xxxray
xxxray
Community Member

Can't update 1Password 4.5.2 to 4.5.3. Tried all your fixes, but still get "Safari can't install this extension". Using El Capitan, Safari Version 9.0.3 (11601.4.4). Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:install-browser-extension, kb-search:safari, kb:safari-cannot-install-extension, kb-search:safari, kb:safari-cannot-install-extension

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xxxray,

I'm sorry you're having trouble updating the extension in Safari!

Have you tried restarting Safari? That might be all it takes to get things working again. Try quitting & restarting Safari, and try again to update the extension. If for some reason that doesn't help, you can also try restarting your Mac.

If the same thing still happens after that, we have a couple more suggestions here: How to fix the “Safari can’t install this extension” error

Please let us know how that goes for you, and if it's still a problem, we'll take it from there. Thanks! :)

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG,

Thanks for your quick response. I've already tried all the fix methods that your site recommends. Still no luck. What else can I try?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xxxray,

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help!

After following steps 1 and/or 2 on that site, the old 1Password extension should be removed from Safari. Your original post said you currently have version 4.5.2 of the extension installed, but if you've already tried the steps from that knowledgebase article, the 1Password extension shouldn't be installed at all. Can you please clarify whether or not any version of the 1Password extension is installed in Safari? And if you still have the old extension (4.5.2) installed, what happens when you try to uninstall it? Do you currently have any other extensions installed in Safari?

Also, when trying to install the 4.5.3 extension, are you trying to install it from our extension download site or from the Safari Extension Gallery?

Thanks in advance! :)

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

I've deleted version 4.5.2 from Safari, go to your website and download the Safari extension. I get version 4.5.2!

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled 4.5.2 again and dowloaded from the Safari Gallery also. Still got 4.5.2.

• @xxxray That's very strange. Try uninstalling the extension, rebooting your computer, and installing it again from the extensions page. Let us know how that goes.

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

Just did as suggested. The version downloaded is still 4.5.2...

• @xxxray What happens when you update to the beta extension? You can also get it from the extensions page, but make sure to click Enable betas before downloading it. That should be version 4.5.4.b4.

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

I just got 4.5.3 installed by the plugin that I had moved from downloads to my desktop. I don't recall where I got this 4.5.3 plugin, but it wouldn't work before. I also got 4.5.4b4 when I enabled betas. So, for now, should I stick wit 4.5.3???

• @xxxray Yup, if 4.5.3 is working for you then I'd recommend sticking with it. Glad you got things sorted out. :)

• xxxray
    xxxray
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your time and help. :)

• No problem at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.