Problem saving new logins with Chrome extension

Options

Hello,

I installed yesterday the 1Password Chrome extension and I'm having some issues saving new logins... Everything else seems to work fine. Just to be more precise :

1. I sign in on a specific website.
  2. I get prompted by 1Password extension.
  3. I can change the description and add some tags.
  4. I can either choose "Not now", "Never for this site" or "Save"
  5. I click "Save", the form closes down, everything seems fine.

Except... the login is not saved and cannot be found in my Vault :(

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @StephSinalco (refreshing username, BTW :D)

Can you please send us a screenshot of what you're seeing?
    In addition to that I'd like you to check in the extension settings in Chrome which version of the 1Password extension you have installed.

Thanks!

• StephSinalco
    StephSinalco
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @AlexHoffmann (Thanks. If you're related with Hoffmann Beverage, we might wanna do business ;))

Since I'm now at home, I can provide you with additional info :

1Password version : 4.6.0.598
    Chrome version : 48.0.2564.109 m
    Extension version : 4.5.3.90

Here's a creation screen for a new website I created an account on just at the moment :

When a click "Save", nothing is created in 1Password :(

Any idea ? Do you think antivirus could block anything ? Or should I remove the extension and install it again ?

Thanks

• Hi @StephSinalco,

If it is not saving, it may be blocked from writing new files and this could be caused by an aggressive anti-malware solution. However, if we cannot write new files, 1Password would prompt an error instead of this silent failure.

Reinstalling the extension would not help, this is not handled by the extension anymore. It's been passed to 1Password Helper, a background process running on your computer to process your data for the extension.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostics report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• StephSinalco
    StephSinalco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for you answer @MikeT

As a matter of fact, I've spent few hours tonight uninstalling 1Password, cleaning the vault, re-installing everything from scratch and, after couple of reboots... it works... >_< I should have known better and done that in the first place... :(

So, thanks again for you quick answers and sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice week-end !

• Hi @StephSinalco,

No worries, what's important is that you're up and running. I'm really glad to hear you got it working.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.