Unable to unlock app [we need to do better at explaining the master password]

Options
MoniqueD
MoniqueD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1password application installed on my Windows 7 Sager computer and just installed the app on my alternate Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. The application functions correctly on the Windows 7 Sager and I can reach Teams through the web on that computer as well. The big issue is on the Windows 10 laptop application. I can log in to 1Password Teams through the browser on the Lenovo but I cannot make the app accept the information and connect to either Teams or dropbox. It says the information is incorrect. I am copying and pasting from the website. It won't accept my master password or tells me the information I entered is wrong. I have tried to connect to both the dropbox and to the Teams web at initial installation. I am stuck.

I want to import my keychain on dropbox and move everything to teams.

1Password Version: Windows 10 application beta
Extension Version: none
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: preferred to move to Teams

Comments

• Hi @MoniqueD,

This is the forum for the classic regular desktop version of 1Password, am I correct to assume you are referring to the beta version of 1Password for Windows 10?

If yes, I'll move you to the Windows 10 beta forum, so the team there can help you with this.

• MoniqueD
    MoniqueD
    Community Member
    Options

Yes please do so.

• @MoniqueD sorry for the late reply, there are couple of ideas that might help.

1. password must not have leading or trailing spaces (I think you don't have it, just thought it worth mention)
    2. try enter email in lowercase (there was a bug some time ago when emails with uppercase letters was not acceptable, it should be fixed by now, but I thought I should mention)
    3. try type full team URL like https://myteam.1password.com

Hope that helps :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're having a problem getting the beta app on your Windows 10 device to open an long-standing .agilekeychain-format vault (created in 1Password 4 for Windows), you might also try this:

Open the vault in 1Password 4 for Windows, and change the master password. Even if you re-use the same master password for that vault, going through the steps will store the master password in a newer form that is required by the beta app.

Please let us know whether any of these suggestions resolve the problems, @MoniqueD, and thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.