How do I log on to a website that requires entering a different security code each time I log on?

Options
jsperin
jsperin
Community Member

In addition to my user id and password, a website requires entering a security code (similar to Captcha) to prevent automated logons.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I log on to a website that requires entering a different security code each time I log on?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@jsperin - Does this section of the of the Mac User Guide address your use case? I know that 1Password can't help with Captchas.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jsperin,

For instances like this 1Password won't be able to help filling of the security code if it is information that is outside of 1Password and changes every time. What can be done though is if you edit the Login item you will see two options become visible that aren't in read-only mode. The one you're interested in is titled submit and the default value is Submit when enabled. If you change it from the default to Never submit you can fill your user ID and password without 1Password attempting to submit the login form afterwards. This will give you a chance to enter the additional information that is required.

Would it be a financial institute of some kind? You don't have to answer, it's just my experience that the more unusual login procedures are often from a financial institute of some kind.

Back to the query though, does the ability to ensure 1Password doesn't attempt to submit after filling help?

• jsperin
    jsperin
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. That did the trick. Thanks.

• @jsperin On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're most welcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to pop in and let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.