In Windows 10, fingerprint reader stopped being recognized by 1Password to unlock 1Password vault

set007verizon_net
set007verizon_net
Community Member
edited February 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In earlier version of 1Password for Windows 10, I was able to swipe my fingerprint and unlock my 1Password vault without having to enter my long password to unlock. I am no longer able to do this and I have to copy/paste each time as my password is long.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:In Windows 10, fingerprint reader stopped being recognized by 1Password to unlock 1Password vault

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

@set007verizon_net, Dev confirms that PIN and biometric security should be working.

Is the "consent verifier" option still enabled (Settings > Options) in the beta app?

• set007verizon_net
    set007verizon_net
    Community Member

I am not sure what the above means. I do not have a beta version of 1Password, and there is no Settings/Options to choose either within 1Password for Windows or within Windows 10. Can you please help me with the above?

Thanks and regards.
    Stavros

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Ah! You're using 1Password 4 for Windows. (I'm sorry that I overlooked that in the footer of your initial post!)

I hope you won't mind my moving your question to the Windows forum, where it'll get the expert attention you deserve!

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @set007verizon_net,

There has never been any biometric (fingerprint/iris) support for unlocking 1Password 4 for Windows. The only one that has the biometric support is the 1Password Beta for Windows 10 that DBrown mentioned, which is available from the Windows 10 Store.

1Password 4 for Windows can only be unlocked with your master password and at the moment, there is no plan to add support for biometric unlock anytime soon due to lack of secure location to store your Master Password in.

If you want this support again, open the Windows Store app and look for 1Password Beta, you'll be able to install it from there. You can click here as well: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/1password-beta/9nblgggz0ht9

This discussion has been closed.