How to sync 1P among PCs with other than DropBox

Hi,
My office security policies forbids me to use DropBox. Ironically, I can use iCloud and OneDrive.
How can I sync my 1Password vault in my office and home PC's via iCloud or Onedrive?

Please Help.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Jorgeelizondom,

Is this just between PCs, no mobile devices are involved?

You can close 1Password, move the .agilekeychain folder to your OneDrive folder and then open 1Password, tell it to use the folder in OneDrive.

On the second PC, make sure the folder is available offline in OneDrive and then open 1Password to select the folder in OneDrive.

Keep an eye on it to make sure it is syncing properly, this should work but we don't officially support this.

• Jorgeelizondom
    Jorgeelizondom
    Community Member

Perfecto!
    Works like a charm.
    I can even Wifi-sync to my iPhone from home PC - manually, though.

Thanks Mike

• Hi @Jorgeelizondom,

You're welcome! Please be careful with the multiple sync settings, that can cause sync conflicts if OneDrive and Wi-Fi was making changes at the same time.

• Jorgeelizondom
    Jorgeelizondom
    Community Member

OK thankyou for your reply and warning. Question then...

Say I update my amazon password info on the 1password app on my Home PC. I do not sync to my phone.
    Then a couple of hours later I modify the ebay password in the 1P app in my iPhone.
    I then perform a wifi Sync of my home PC and my iphone.

What happens under this scenario?

1) By interpreting your warning I would assume that the latest vault that is modified will be transfered to the other device. In this scenario **all ** of my iphone data (the latest to be modified, in this case) will be transferred to my PC and thus, loosing the modified amazon password on the PC?

This is different of what I would assume to be a true sync would be in which only the modified records would be updated on each device i.e. the amazon password would be updated on the iPhone and at the same time the ebay password would be updated on the PC and everybody happy and in sync...

Please explain which of these two is correct.

Thanks again for your kind help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jorgeelizondom: Wi-Fi Sync will only update items that have changed, as you expect. With OneDrive, 1Password isn't syncing anything; it will simply be reading the vault stored in OneDrive. The vault will need to be available offline in OneDrive. As far as "true sync", that's entirely up to OneDrive. So long as you keep backups of your data, you'll be able to restore if you run into any issues.

• Jorgeelizondom
    Jorgeelizondom
    Community Member

Ok thanks.
    Understood
    Regards

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.