1Password mini uses 98% CPU

Options
tobias_k
tobias_k
Community Member

Hi,

since the last update, 1Password mini uses nearly 100% CPU after unlocking.
Being locked, it resides at 0% - 4%.

The log contains nearly endless lines repeating the following:
Fri Feb 12 16:17:45 2016| 602004 [DATABASE:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe2a0d57000):] S txUpdateItem:error: | Updated existing item: 601170B043A9458CA5544FB6E9E10746
Fri Feb 12 16:17:45 2016| 602004 [SYNC:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe2a0e2b6e0):] S addNote: | Conflict detected, local object the winner, merging with
Fri Feb 12 16:17:46 2016| 602004 [SYNC:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe2a0e2b6e0):] S addNote: | Something is wrong here: item will be exported although local (conflictChooseLocal) and source have they were updated at the same time

Version:
1Password 6
Version 6.0.2 (602004)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @tobias_k! Sorry about that. Thanks for posting the log, though! That helps give us a better idea of what's happening. The conflict you have could be caused by the data not syncing properly at one point. Could you try cycling Dropbox sync to see if that resolves things? Here's how:

1. Create a backup of things by clicking the 1Password menu, selecting Preferences, switching to the Backup tab, and clicking Backup Now.
    2. Change the sync from Dropbox to None.
    3. Click the box to Delete data from Dropbox, then click Disable Sync.
    4. Open your Dropbox folder on that Mac and make sure the 1Password.opvault or 1Password.agilekeychain file has been deleted.
    5. In 1Password, go back to the Sync tab of Preferences.
    6. Select Dropbox from the “Sync vault with” dropdown menu.
    7. Click the Choose button and select your main Dropbox folder, then click Open.
    8. Click Create New to create a new 1Password.opvault or 1Password.agilekeychain file in your preferred Dropbox folder.
    9. Give Dropbox a minute to fully sync.

Let us know how that goes. If you have any questions, we're happy to help.

• tobias_k
    tobias_k
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    thanks for the fast reply!
    Now everything works well.

• @tobias_k Fantastic! :) Glad to hear it. If you do notice anything funny in the future, just let us know.

• crobinson
    crobinson
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue, as soon as I click on 1password mini or open the main app the CPU goes to 100% sometimes it will come back other times it causes my macs to freeze completely.

• rudy
    Options

Hi @crobinson,

When it gets into this state are you able to, in 1Password.app, trigger help -> troubleshooting -> restart 1Password mini and get back to a state where its not consuming CPU?

Rudy

• crobinson
    crobinson
    Community Member
    Options

usually not, this just started today after adding family account.

• crobinson
    crobinson
    Community Member
    Options

distnoted is process that is out of control.

• crobinson
    crobinson
    Community Member
    Options

well I guess I don't get anymore support today

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @crobinson,

I apologize for the frustration here. Please note that our forums are not a live chat - the AgileBits team is monitoring these forums 7 days a week, but we’re not always able to reply immediately after you post.

Could you please clarify what “usually not” means in your earlier post? Does restarting 1Password mini (as Rudy suggested) not resolve the issue?

If you are still seeing high CPU usage after restarting, I’d like to take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: YJR-93865-729

This discussion has been closed.