I just purchased 1Password for the Mac. It does not remember password for consumerreports.org

Options

It works well for all other sites I have used it for. (About 15)

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased 1Password for the Mac. It does not remember password for consumeerreports.org

Comments

• Hey @brucek52! Sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password and the Consumer Reports website. I just tried saving a Login and it worked as expected. What happens when you do? You should be prompted to save it when you enter the username and password and press enter or click sign in. Also, you didn't report what version of the extension you're using. Could you please post that? It'll give us an idea of what to test. :)

• brucek52
    brucek52
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using extension 4.5.2 on Safari and extension 4.5.3 on Firefox. Neither works with the Consumer Reports website and both work well with other websites to store login info.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brucek52,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum. Sorry to hear it's still not working for you!

I tried this myself with Safari and Firefox, and I noticed that it works for me when I use the Return/Enter key on my keyboard to submit the Sign In form, but not when I click the 'Sign In' button. Is it possible you've been clicking that button when trying this? If so, can you please try this:

• Go to consumerreports.org and click the 'Sign In' button at the top of that site
    • Enter your username and password
    • After typing your password, press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard

This time, are you prompted to save a new Login item in 1Password?

• brucek52
    brucek52
    Community Member
    Options

Your suggestion didn't work. However removing all extensions from Safari except 1Password did.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

@brucek52 That's not unheard of. If you use any sort of ad blockers or security extensions, it's possible one of them was acting as a proxy server or otherwise blocking the connection 1Password needs on localhost. Most of those extensions do give a way to configure things to not block localhost / 127.0.0.1 connections, so you might check for that if these are extensions you'd rather not remove permanently.

This discussion has been closed.