Retrieve information

Options

I 'accidentaly' changed my windows password yesterday, and saved it in 1password. I didn't realize that it was my login information I was changing, so there is no way I can remember what it was. I use 1password on my iPad too, but haven't realized yet that I could sync them.. So I'm wondering if there is any way I can get acces to my stored information on my computer without having access to it? Do you have the possibilty to access what I've stored in your software? Don't know how it works.. Would just hate to loose every file on my computer cause I might have to reinstall windows.

Appreciate your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 (I think..)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @idealtopic,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, 1Password only stores the information locally in the hard drive of your computer. There is no way that AgileBits can access it, that's exactly one of the strongest features of the app. You might want to check if windows lets you get into your computer without the password, I vaguely remember a key combination before the login screen that would get you into safe mode on the computer, perhaps you could look into that. I wish you luck!

• Hi @idealtopic,

As Pilar correctly mentions, we have no access to your data nor do we host it. That actually will be a feature in the near future with our upcoming 1Password for Teams service.

For now, you can try resetting the Windows password without losing any files or find a techie in your family who can do this for you. Here's a guide on how you can try resetting the password.

This discussion has been closed.