start menu

I purchased 1password and there is no icon showing up on the start menu and no desktop shortcut. Prior to purchasing I had downloaded installed and then uninstalled the demo version a few times. Perhaps this had something to do with the current issue as on the first install the icon was showing on the start menu. Also, it says I have 1password 2014? Is this your latest version? It is what downloaded following my purchase today.....When I check for updates it does say it is the latest version. Thank you

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:change-website-password, kb:save-login-manually, ug:windows/sync-dropbox, ug:windows/preferences-network, ug:windows/main-program

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2016

Hi @dsolomon,

I purchased 1password and there is no icon showing up on the start menu and no desktop shortcut.

Is it possible when you installed 1Password again, you didn't check the options to create the shortcut? It is not checked by default, you have to check it during the setup like so:

As for the start menu, you have to go to All Apps to see the 1Password folder.

Is it possible you were looking at Recent Apps or Recently Used list and that's where 1Password showed up initially until it went off the list?

Also, it says I have 1password 2014? Is this your latest version? It is what downloaded following my purchase today.

You may have created a vault called 1Password 2014 and 1Password shows your vault name on top. We do not label our product after years, the latest version is 1Password 4.6.0.598.

• dsolomon
    dsolomon
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation on the vault name. That was the case. As for the 1password folder and shortcut, I did select the option to create a desktop shortcut of which it did not create. I thought perhaps I forgot to select it myself and uninstalled the program and reinstalled. After the second installation it still did not create the shortcut. As for the start menu the folder does not exist in all apps or anywhere that I can see on the start menu. The only place I can access 1password is from the notification tray. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

• Hi @dsolomon,

That's strange, it should show up there. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Hi Dave, we've received your email and will continue the conversation there.

Cheers!

ref: RIP-44668-769

This discussion has been closed.