Feature Request: Advise when keyboard is in locked uppercase mode before entering the vault password

Options

My vault password is 23 characters in length and all lower case. If my keyboard is locked in uppercase mode the system waits until I have keyed in all 23 characters then declares the password invalid and suggests that the system is in uppercase mode. Perhaps the system could advise that the keyboard is locked in uppercase mode before the vault password is entered. Other applications requiring a password have this function and it can be time saving and helpful. :-)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BobArch2,

It does:

I'm surprised you didn't see it. Is it in the main program or in the browser extension?

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Not a problem in the browser extension but rather an intermittent problem in the main program.

Try this, with CapsLock On, call up the program... the Caps Lock message does pop up for the first call up.

Close down the sign on log without any further action. then call up the program a second time. No Caps Lock message. Close and try for a third call up... same thing, no Caps Lock message. However, while awaiting the entering of the password, click on any of the menu items, say the Help Menu and then the Caps Lock message will pop up.

I should have stated in my first posting, that the problem is intermittent.

• Hi @BobArch2 - Thanks I do see this inconsistency and now I can't get the Caps Lock message to appear at all. I had to restart my PC to repeat the test. I will report this to our developer. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.